Women in the Mountains

telemarker

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent two days with my boxers inside out and backwards. I at least was not commando which I have often done in the wild.

I just took a nap and found out my t-shirt was on backwards.

We need women before we get to the mountains and in the mountains.

On the other hand I took my last wife to the Enchantments and while she took an "alpine bath" I set up the tent and had a cocktail fixed when she got back and we watched the stars with wine. And overnight chased away the goats that wanted to lick everybody's pee.

Edited by matt_warfield

Can't comment on the valley. 8D

I can say I had my boxers on inside out and backwards yesterday with my gf but in the past still managed to carry a 60 lb. pack to the Enchantments with my second wife.

While she took an "alpine bath" I erected the tent, prepared a cocktail, and she and I watched the stars.

Women, take care of your men and men take of your women.

Edited by matt_warfield

I have been with a fair number of women in and out of the mountains and have no money and no spouse. How could that possibly happen?

By saying only 10-20 pitches, start at dawn, might be some weather and an overnight or two if things don't work out that well sometimes.

On the other hand I climbed Heinous Cling at Smith right after Brittany Griffith and am pretty sure she could kick my ass. Plus she likes gin.

Women rock.

Edited by matt_warfield

On the other hand I climbed Heinous Cling at Smith right after Brittany Griffith and am pretty sure she could kick my ass. Plus she likes gin.

Sounds like a keeper! :-)

She is one of the best keepers ever (well maybe except Lynn Hill). Great ability, great personality, but neither one is in my creel which is what "fishermen" like to do.

But yet there's more. Women climbers are awesome but few post here anymore. They are so capable and many are great writers.

How can we get them back?

Edited by matt_warfield

I understand.

Right now I am watching the 8 mile movie. Women posting is like Eminem breaking into rap. It can work.

And you are absolutely correct about the Caucasian comment. Like it or not, the white boys like climbing and hockey come hell or high water.

You go girls.

But as usual I must digress a bit and of course invite controversy.

Bad news is that in sports like track and field, power shit like long jump and 100m. we men rule and always will and will always kick butt in the marathon.

But climbing is changing and the gender gap for rock and bouldering and ice is pretty small.

In the mountains men may have a slight advantage due to body mass, more and more important the farther you go and higher you go.

Just don't go climbing with Snooki, JWow, or any Kardashian. Hey, its winter, I have to make a small smartass statement.

Edited by matt_warfield

One of the best ones went and got married and pregnant. Yes, that's you Spionin!

Accept the facts. Climbing is a caucasian sausage fest. [/quote

God also gave us one of something else each.

Happy for you Spionin.

It is possible you will be involved with a mountain of diapers for a bit.

Edited by matt_warfield

Women turned that whole paradigm around in the 70's and 80's. If you google Arlen Bloom "Women on top" you'll see the womens Annapurna expedition that really broke off from that tradition. If you just google "Women on top" it's a whole different, but no less interesting, ballgame. Don't ask me how I know that.

As far as getting more females to post here, I suspect that some guys posting here would have to stop acting like hemoroids, which seems against many guys very nature. Take Rob there for example....

Please. :)

http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politics/details/2012-12-a-letter-to-the-guy-who-harrassed-me-outside-the-bar

"When will someone make a gender-swapping plug-in for real life? Where’s my magic button, the switch I can flip to show men like you what it feels like on the other side of your “jokes” and “compliments”? Maybe the first time someone comments on your ass in public you’ll take it as a compliment, but what about the next 12 times? How will you like having a private conversation interrupted so that some dude can get in a lame sexual pun or a rude gesture to impress his friends? What about your personal space? How do you like sharing that with aggressive strangers?"