I am an elitist prick

glassgowkiss

Dabbled into the whole down hill biking for the past couple of years. And this is what occurred to me while carrying a heavy pack, while working on video project. DH biking is filled with lazy punk ass teens, it's a "sport" based upon skill only. Anyone can get down, no matter in what style, but point that bike down the hill and you are going (even if you brake hard and go slow). Yes, you can brake bones if you go fast. Well, with climbing it is the opposite- if you don't have the juice, you are not getting up.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the popularity of lift served downhill biking there are lots of DH MTN bikers lacking uphill juice. :wave:

riding the downhill without paying for the descent by climbing is the cycling world's version of sport rappelling

GGK is pissed because his video lost the contest. Since he thinks it was great, he needs to slag those who voted against him.

If his penis lost the dick-measuring contest, he'd bag on all the fags who only like big dicks. Same thing.

No, I talked to a couple of people. The video did not make it, because it it was about female riders. Yes, it's hard to cater a story line to a 15 year old, who thinks cartoons are great. I opened a couple of issues of "Dirt" mag- it's way worst then climbing press of the 80's. There is one picture of a woman riding. Not a single picture of a woman in any of the hundreds of adds. Maybe nascar or dirt bike scene are only few sports more sexist then DH biking. Watched 2 women doing Crabapple hits in Whistler, along with the guys, one of the m busting table tops equal to any guy out there. Do you even hear about it? it's a bro-bra industry, kind of stupid nevertheless if you limit your customer base to 45% of the population.

No, it's not the point of my rant. The point is, that any activity where a fat fuck can do ok is not a real sport. Yes, aid climbing is not a sport either- same principle.

Yes, aid climbing is not a sport either- same principle.

Ivan, you gonna just take that shit?

d

so long as he don't impugn motor-racing or bullfighting in any form, i'll stake him one subset of hemmingway's trinity :)

Cyclocrossfit would be ubrakewl

You want lazy?

Two words: Big walls. Damn near read an entire book during one pitch. If I'm on lead, me partners could probably write one.

That's cause you climbed it with team molasses ;)

You want lazy?

Two words: Big walls. Damn near read an entire book during one pitch. If I'm on lead, me partners could probably write one.

in aid climbing you need a fitness level of a truck driver. last time i stopped at flying j plaza it looked like a bunch of wales beached themselves. then i realized they all drove trucks. aid climbing can compete with golf and poker of physical level.

You want lazy?

in aid climbing you need a fitness level of a truck driver. last time i stopped at flying j plaza it looked like a bunch of wales beached themselves. then i realized they all drove trucks. aid climbing can compete with golf and poker of physical level.

no argument here, but a fit aid climber will certainly land at the pizza deck 3-4 days earlier :)

GGK is pissed because his video lost the contest. Since he thinks it was great, he needs to slag those who voted against him.

If his penis lost the dick-measuring contest, he'd bag on all the fags who only like big dicks. Same thing.

No, I talked to a couple of people. The video did not make it, because it it was about female riders. Yes, it's hard to cater a story line to a 15 year old, who thinks cartoons are great. I opened a couple of issues of "Dirt" mag- it's way worst then climbing press of the 80's. There is one picture of a woman riding. Not a single picture of a woman in any of the hundreds of adds. Maybe nascar or dirt bike scene are only few sports more sexist then DH biking. Watched 2 women doing Crabapple hits in Whistler, along with the guys, one of the m busting table tops equal to any guy out there. Do you even hear about it? it's a bro-bra industry, kind of stupid nevertheless if you limit your customer base to 45% of the population.

No, it's not the point of my rant. The point is, that any activity where a fat fuck can do ok is not a real sport. Yes, aid climbing is not a sport either- same principle.

I can tell you this is the case around here. DH'ers here tend to be young rich kid pissants with a penchant for misogyny.

You want lazy?

Oh, I don't know about that. I took several 5.11 shits while on the wall this summer. Miss the target and you've got an UF match on your hands with your ledge partner. Hell, just wrestling a bag-eating portaledge into position can burn upwards of 800 calories an hour, and that just accounts for the screaming.

Regarding bravery, no type of climbing requires more. Belay with The Gigantor directly over head and no where to run and you'll quickly grok what I'm talking about. Just dodging Mike's Dropped Gear Rain of Death can give you a case of PTSD.

If you've a mind to flash some C4 for us Bob, we're always hiring. Ivan's got a full set of bashies just aching for the tender mercies of a Eurobaddy like yourself.

Edited by tvashtarkatena