CC wierdness

freeclimb9

This "community" of cascadeclimbers exhibits some interesting psychology. Most of it's healthy. But some interactions between people are so "un" they dropped off the scale of cool to somewhere hovering near creepy. The creepy stuff I'm referring to deals with harshing on female posters (or at least posters posing as females. Can't tell if it's a wolf in ewe's clothing. Just be on your toes in some chat rooms is all I'm saying here).

Just pointing out the impression of a casual oberver. What does it all mean?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

hard to believe, but clearly some have even more free time and are even more idle than others at work.
[laf][sNAFFLEHOUND][Cool][Wazzup]

on an unrelated note, i believe veggiebelay deserves an award for most frequently changed avatar image.

have a

[big Drink] on me, vb.

just because a climber is a girl does not automatically make them cool. there are just as many sketchy chics out there but because of the gender imbalance they can always find single climber guys to overlook their sketchiness and if they ditch one they have 3 more clamoring for the position. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:on an unrelated note, i believe veggiebelay deserves an award for most frequently changed avatar image.

have a

[big Drink]
on me, vb.[/QB]

I think Necro has been pretty active in the avatar remodel business too. It would take some research to determine who's done it more, and I for one do not have the stomach for it.

quote:

Originally posted by freeclimb9:

The creepy stuff I'm referring to deals with harshing on female posters (or at least posters posing as females. Can't tell if it's a wolf in ewe's clothing.

What does it all mean?

Well, for what it's worth, the women who have been harshed upon in the last 9 months or so since I've been around here are all in fact actual women. Myself included.

I think it's a fair question, that is, "what does it all mean?", but, well, I wouldn't expect to get an honest answer to that. There seems to be a bit of aggression being vetted here on this site.

I will say that my experience with this site in reference to the mudslinging has been absolutely unpleasant, and if it weren't for the big fat handful of really cool people I've come to be friends with in real life, and the people who I've corresponded with about topics galore, well, if it weren't for that, I'd be outta here.

Flame suit on.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

just because a climber is a girl does not automatically make them cool.

I totally disagree. As I would if you'd written "just because a [hockey player] is a girl does not automatically make them cool."

Puts a swerve onto the sausage-fest, and that's good (and always cool).

If you look at it on it's side, it kind of looks like someone either;

a) flailing during a fast descent of the 'obvious descent gully

-or-

lying on ground writhing in agony.

Cool.

As for the amount of trashing on this site, it just seems like a fair amount of the junior high mentality lives on in all of us. Different things bring it out in each person. We all survived junior high, so we'll all probably survive CC.com. Unless you end up roping up with the wrong person and end up doing either a or b (see above).

[sleep]