Found! Scot'teryx' Montana Cousin!

slothrop

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

classic!

" It was our summit day in which we planned to conquer Granite Peak and we had slept in a whole hour"

"We then reached the massive glacier that we had to climb. The only direction it led was straight up."

"It was necessary for me to put my life on the line several times to save Justin\rquote s life as he shot down the mountain as a result from one false step."

This guy's website has a guestbook, and soon after someone sent email to the UW climbers list about The Conquest of Granite Peak, a righteous climber from Seattle signed the guestbook, telling the guy how dangerous and irresponsible he was, etc. etc. I checked the guestbook a few minutes later, to see if anyone else had ripped into him, and he had deleted the critical entry. Guess he doesn't want to hear any criticism... [Roll Eyes]

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

Jeez and I thought montanna was full of hardmen
[Wink]
this has to be some kind of joke or something
[big Grin]

Montana is full of hardmen and women, but it also has it's share of gumbies, most of which are from the mid-west. Still, there are far less gumbies in Montana then Washington (no mounties) and no permits.

I remember feeling like Alex Lowe on my way to climb Granite peak back in the day. That was just before we almost got fried by lightning on top of the Froze to Death. Better stry over beers...

It is a cool place up there, the Beartooths rock!

Ok, whoa...actualy I'd go climbing with a mountie anyday over that dude...

Reading all the books and studying all the maps can not fully train someone to climb the alleged second hardest to climb high point in the continental U.S.When our knowledge of our surroundings failed, our natural survival instincts took over.

Uh...what planet is this guy from? Oh...Billings, that explains it all. Too much Crystal Meth...

[ 06-28-2002, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Lambone ]

quote:

We had achieved our goal and we now felt like we had proved our manliness.

quote:

its shaped like this ^ at times of the ye a r you have to straddle it to get across. Each side promises sudden death (no exaggeration).

This guy wins for the best Herb ( as in Tarlic) award of the year! And, by the way, the guest book is down! Did one of you prix send him a link to this thread?

From someone who signed his guest book:

"And everyone says it is pretty hard to climb, and the thing is we aren't professional climbers, and from what I read in the Billings Gazette a couple of days ago was that <b>Granite Peak is the 3rd most difficult mountain in the U.S. to climb.</b> "