the truth emerges in wisconsin fight

glassgowkiss

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NYT poll analysis, for what it's worth:

"The Gallup poll, however, suggests that while reducing benefits and pay for government workers is somewhat unpopular (it is opposed by a 53-44 margin), reducing their collective bargaining rights is much more clearly so (it is opposed 61-33). And Mr. Walker’s budget proposal aims to do some of both."

Pretty typical of most Rfuck issues once their true agenda sees the light of day.

Pretty much the usual 60-30 split on most issues. These sociopaths never had a mandate to go after collective bargaining, worker benefits or cut social programs.

What's the news here - exactly?

People who benefit from the tax-funded patronage machine want to keep it going, those who don't want to end it.

Like what? let's talk about no-bid contracts, let's talk about financial bailout and subsequent 20% of the money going to bonuses of CEO's, who ruined these companies in the first place.

your head is so deep up your own ass discussing anything in rational manner is a complete waste of my time. now fuck off *ping!* and find your own soap box frigging douche nozzle.

Edited by Off_White

People who benefit from the tax-funded patronage machine want to keep it going, those who don't want to end it.

Like what? let's talk about no-bid contracts, let's talk about financial bailout and subsequent 20% of the money going to bonuses of CEO's, who ruined these companies in the first place.

Dude, that's just corporations exercising their right to free speech, representation, and pursuit of self-interest, and a right to a return on their investment. No "patronage machine" here...

People who benefit from the tax-funded patronage machine want to keep it going, those who don't want to end it. Please don't tell me that Democrats aren't making tactical discussions with union bosses about how to keep the patronage engine going.

The funny thing about this "fight" is that the very best that public sector unions can achieve is a pyrrhic victory. They keep the gravy train rolling and either prevent any measures that would make the delivery of public services more cost-efficient, or better yet from their perspective actually get massive boosts in pay and benefits and the end result is that their states implode fiscally sooner rather than later. The best possible outcome for them in that scenario is the complete gutting of public services with significant layoffs in order to keep pay and benefits untouched for the folks with enough seniority or connections to avoid the axe.

Even if the public is cool with the pay-more-for-less dynamic, the bond market won't be, and since the trend cost growth will continue to increase at a rate that exceeds the rate at which the underlying economy grows, even incremental tax increases won't fend off the inevitable forever. If the politicians can't force through a fundamental restructuring of public sector compensation models, the bond market eventually will.

The funny thing is that public sector unions have much more to fear from "friends" that encourage them to cling to schemes that are destined to fail than enemies that are attempting to modify them in ways that would actually keep them solvent, even if they have political motives for doing so.

Speaking of lost causes....

Here's a guy who lied repeatedly about his stated agenda (fiscal responsibility!) versus his actual one (union busting)...and it's 'not news'?

OK. You've actually lowered your credibility (although we haven't polled Billcoe on this yet), something I didn't really believe was possible.

now fuck off cunt and find your own soap box frigging douche nozzle.

My sentiments. Exactly. Well put, Bob.

Disagree. :tdown: I've never seen JayB call anyone a cunt or a douche nozzle. It's not well put, it's just stupid and unnecessarily rough, and not really funny either. So, not very many redeeming qualities. It just sounds like something an angry drunk would say and ruin the party.

Disagree. :tdown: I've never seen JayB call anyone a cunt or a douche nozzle. It's not well put, it's just stupid and unnecessarily rough, and not really funny either. So, not very many redeeming qualities. It just sounds like something an angry drunk would say and ruin the party.

word.

NYT poll analysis, for what it's worth:

"The Gallup poll, however, suggests that while reducing benefits and pay for government workers is somewhat unpopular (it is opposed by a 53-44 margin), reducing their collective bargaining rights is much more clearly so (it is opposed 61-33). And Mr. Walker’s budget proposal aims to do some of both."

Pretty typical of most Rfuck issues once their true agenda sees the light of day.

AND in typical fashion the Fox Propaganda network showed the following graphics:

storyimages_1298485222_wipollbackwards.jpg

the host propagandist reported 61% for taking away collective bargaining!

your head is so deep up your own ass discussing anything in rational manner is a complete waste of my time. now fuck off *ping!* and find your own soap box frigging douche nozzle.

Finding oneself on the wrong end of a Crazy Polish Bob diatribe is a rare privilege afforded only to a select few, but I'll confess that I'm disappointed for a few reasons.

The first is that it took so long, unless I'm forgetting a previous honor. The second is that the insults were so tediously conventional compared to his normal output, the third is that it was so brief, and the fourth is that it was hampered by an uncharacteristically close adherence to the standard rules of grammar and syntax.

I remember the CPB of yore, an idiosyncratic lexical anarcho-fiend who single-handedly shut-down the Rock and Ice message board while posting as "agentorange." The output was all lower case, there often was nary a punctuation mark to be found in the entire entry, there were entire paragraphs without a single space between letters, and if you studied the text closely enough you could decipher insults so baroque, abstract, and depraved that they'd never even been conceived of by another mind since the beginning of time, let alone converted into a human language and transposed into letters.

Bob, my friend, I'm so disappointed with "douche nozzle" and whatever proceeded it that I almost expect an apology in the form of a diatribe that does justice to the true magnitude of your talents.

Finding oneself on the wrong end of a Crazy Polish Bob diatribe is a rare privilege afforded only to a select few, but I'll confess that I'm disappointed for a few reasons.

The first is that it took so long, unless I'm forgetting a previous honor. The second is that the insults were so tediously conventional compared to his normal output, the third is that it was so brief, and the fourth is that it was hampered by an uncharacteristically close adherence to the standard rules of grammar and syntax.

I remember the CPB of yore, an idiosyncratic lexical anarcho-fiend who single-handedly shut-down the Rock and Ice message board while posting as "agentorange." The output was all lower case, there often was nary a punctuation mark to be found in the entire entry, there were entire paragraphs without a single space between letters, and if you studied the text closely enough you could decipher insults so baroque, abstract, and depraved that they'd never even been conceived of by another mind since the beginning of time, let alone converted into a human language and transposed into letters.

Bob, my friend, I'm so disappointed with "douche nozzle" and whatever proceeded it that I almost expect an apology in the form of a diatribe that does justice to the true magnitude of your talents.

Nice diversion Jay!

Now back to Republican corruption.

What about the California prison guards union?

I, for one, see very little functional difference between prison guards and school teachers.

first lesson for teachers: never block the doorway

first lesson for prison guards: always block the doorway

:)

Will the explicit ethics violations committed by the governor while speaking with the faux Koch brother result in the governor's removal from office?

Did any part of what the governor said comprise an admission that he has, while in office, considered waging criminal action against the people of Wisconsin?

Hey JayB, why isn't he trying to abolish collective bargaining for police and fire unions, if he feels so strongly this is the "right thing to do?" Do you think it's maybe because they supported his campaign? Strange that he would make an exception for them. Even stranger that he would offer generous tax breaks to businesses, which roughly equal the amount of money he's trying to pry from the teacher's unions.

Weird coincidences, arent' they?