Language will get you banned

Off_White

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* There you go with the reality check bummer again Hugh. I reckon you've got it figured out correctly. I don't think either side has changed their positions much. Still, I personally weary of the name calling, especially if its just artless blabber. If you're gonna poke someone with a stick, at least make an effort to put a clever point on it.

So it's more you can be banned for being an annoying twat?

I'm cool with that.

I personally weary of the name calling, especially if its just artless blabber. If you're gonna poke someone with a stick, at least make an effort to put a clever point on it.

Amen. I'm glad someone pointed out the root of the problem, which is that some people just aren't pulling their weight around here.

there must be something about you rob LOLZ

but I don't even think that is true. What is true is that we only seem to interact when you have a ludicrous bone to pick with me (from our first interaction ~2 years ago to the racism nonsense that you peddled in recent jousts). I often do end up telling you to shove off because you make little sense. That's my side of the argument, anyway.

Edited by j_b

For the record, I started to use insults mostly as a defense mechanism about 1.5 year ago.

It does nothing to advance your arguments, I think you should reconsider your policy on gratuitous insults.

comeon Off_White, spray is, to steal from the Drake, the Bitching room for whiny people that bore us to tears.

The conservative clavern hasn't changed their argument points since Spray began - despite the world changing around them. Same talking points, same ideas, same waste of time.

I don't agree. The conservitards are now universally:

For gay marriage

Against the war in Iraq

For addressing human caused global warming

That's three big reversals on three big issues over as many years.

That bolting issue, though....

Off....this is spray. I just wanted an excuse to post some Slayer....

and I have a 4 and 2 year old. lol.

Kevin, teach your children to lie and to do it very well. In the end they will have more friends and better paying jobs. The old, 'don't lie', is the biggest BS in our culture. Also teach them all the bad words that will be used against them.

I'm sure you can remember telling the truth as a child only to get in trouble. I told a neighbor they were overweight. We don't want honesty because it hurts our feelings. It also hurts us in the wallet.

It's funny how people think their enemy's would fight them face to face, spray to spray; meanwhile the bankers laugh. Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000 (CFMA) AKA get the herd to think they can get something for nothing while the Banks get everything. trade futures baby, OTC derivatives: it's all based on very solid mathematical formulas--right.

Edited by Lucky Larry

Dude, if the use of all insults and personal attacks were a ban-able offense, I suspect there would hardly be a conservative left in spray as of 10 years ago.

If that were the case, if that rule were strictly enforced, there would be hardly anyone at all posting in Spray.

Do you remember Mtn Goat? He was a conservative who tended to make long winded posts and always attempted to argue his points logically and politely. Others would heap insults on him, but he never played that game.

Ditto JayB; master of tongue-in-cheek. Despite my best efforts to get him to take off the gloves, he continues to let j_b's insults, name-calling, and cheap shots roll right off. Yet more evidence that playing nice gets you nowhere with rusty tools on the hard-left--so why bother?