• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
NoahT

Say it isn't so...

He plans to acheive this over 5 years is says? If they rap bolt a line down Cerro Torre this year it'll be gone next. Why even make another attempt? The goal is so obviously in contempt of the recognized style of ethics. What does he plan to achieve?

I don't know what I can do. I already don't drink red bull.

drink rat poison instead ;)

Edited by pink

Shit, now I wished I'd written Red Bull the first go round. Who saw part 2 coming? These f*ing people must be mental.

Our boy Colin Haley posted up over on his blog: http://colinhaley.blogspot.com/. Has photos from when Garibotti chopped bolts, and then we he and Garibotti went back and did some more. And Colin has had some coversations with Lama.

Best line of the blog:

So this, apparently, is the much-anticipated courage and vision of gym climbers applying their skills to the mountains.

Where was the overwhelming outrage when Mt. Garfield was rap-bolted in your own backyard??

infinite bliss is awesome. if you dont like it dont climb it, and quit bitching about it.

Answer the question, jack-donkey!

comparing cerro torre to garfield?

While I am not an expert on this whole problem in either torre or garfield, it seems the major problem with the cerro torre bolting issue is that the bolting is going on near cracks.

While there are a few places that natural gear could have gone into infinite bliss, this place is fairly devoid of natural protection.

why don't we collect some money to send raindawg down to cerre torre (one way ticket of course) so he can straighten out those guys? he can probably take pope with him as i'm sure he'll be able to fit his little sidekick in the overhead luggage rack.

Oh, I suspect there's no shortage of guys on the scene to have a lively discussion with given there's already been one beatdown delivered in camp over the topic the last time it was discussed in earnest.

Actually, I found reliable natural protection on garfield[for the difficulty of the climbing]

I've heard, and seen from topos, that it isn't just a straight bolt ladder sport climb and needs some extra gear. Yes? No?

Actually, I found reliable natural protection on garfield[for the difficulty of the climbing]

I've heard, and seen from topos, that it isn't just a straight bolt ladder sport climb and needs some extra gear. Yes? No?

I think he is talking about his pre-bolted ascent.

Where was the overwhelming outrage when Mt. Garfield was rap-bolted in your own backyard??

Are we really equating one of the most beautiful and iconic mountains in the world with some PNW backwater?

Thats failed logic. like saying since their destroying the rainforest that we dont worry about are problems in our backyard

not about owning the mountain but rather respecting the mountain, the sport, and the other members of the climbing culture.

I think that sport climbing does not have to exist on every rock face. There should be places where adventure rules. (even if most of us have no possibility of getting up it)

Who gives a fuck? Seriously?
some people do, and alot of them dont comment on here because of the hostility