If Guns Are Outlawed...

Fairweather

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The ME 262 and V2 rockets were supposed to be 'game changers' too.

Probably would have been, too, if they'd come into play a little earlier. But by the time they were operational the wheels were already coming off the Third Reich.

I agree with FW - at $25-$30K a pop, these things are too expensive. It'd be cheaper to buy every Taliban and AlQueda fighter a $500 used car. The way those crazy bastards drive they'd all be dead by spring.

The ME 262 and V2 rockets were supposed to be 'game changers' too.

Probably would have been, too, if they'd come into play a little earlier. But by the time they were operational the wheels were already coming off the Third Reich.

The V2 did turn out to be a game changer--after we gathered up spare parts and issued passports to a few unemployed (ex) nazi scientists. Hell, I'll bet half of the Apollo program was V2.

No matter how sophisticated the weapon it can do no more than a temporary advantage in an insurgency. Unless you can exterminate the opposition you will fail. They may temporarily fade away but they will be back. It is an impossible task if you are supporting a corrupt puppet. The V-1 and V-2 became terror weapons because the guidance systems of the time were unable to target tactical targets, without nukes they could do no more than piss off the enemy. Afghanistan has been repelling foreigners for millenniums, it is what they do and love. There is no hope

Time is free, and that's what our foe-de-jour has an unlimited quantity of. Who are we supposed to be fighting this week again?

Money, desire, or time...we're tapped for all three.

Back to that age old game of Waiting for the Assholes to Leave - a game the Afghans are really, really good at.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

No matter how sophisticated the weapon it can do no more than a temporary advantage in an insurgency. Unless you can exterminate the opposition you will fail. They may temporarily fade away but they will be back. It is an impossible task if you are supporting a corrupt puppet. The V-1 and V-2 became terror weapons because the guidance systems of the time were unable to target tactical targets, without nukes they could do no more than piss off the enemy. Afghanistan has been repelling foreigners for millenniums, it is what they do and love. There is no hope

We have to usurp Islam. Secular logic will do. Lets begin dropping leaflets.

We can be, like, opposing post-apocalypse militia leaders roaming the vast wasteland in search of gasoline (lithium-polymer batteries, in your case) blaming the policies of the past for the misery of the new present. Of course, my side will have crossbows...

:)

Edited by Fairweather

Of course, some of us have already taken that hint for quite some time now.

Although you normally act like an egotistical prick online, I do appreciate that you work with the ACLU. So IF you are doing more than a normal fly on shit routine over there, thank you for YOUR service. Noticed that I tried not to say "thank you for YOUR service....ASSHOLE". LOL

BTW, anyone who has to go over there and get shot at, I say spend the money so that they can at least win the daily tactical battles and come back safe and alive. Anyone here ever price out one of the JDAMS or any of the munitions they toss off the Predators like so much candy at a parade?

Nice wrist crossbow below:

WezCrossbow.jpg

We can be, like, opposing post-apocalypse militia leaders roaming the vast wasteland in search of gasoline (lithium-polymer batteries, in your case) blaming the policies of the past for the misery of the new present. Of course, my side will have crossbows...

Break a deal, spin the wheel.

Break a deal, spin the wheel.

two man enter, one man leave!