Hell NO on I-1098

Fairweather

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't this apply to S-Corps as well?

Seems like the only bone of contention there is whether or not reinvestment in the business will be taxed at the same rate as money diverted to personal income.

The specifics of the tax law are beyond me, but I think that the figures are that the measure will increase tax collection by ~3 billion over some period (single budget cycle?), and the B&O and property tax credit will reduce taxes by ~ 300 million or thereabouts. So the net effect is ~ 1.7 out of the private economy over whatever increment of time that we're considering here.

I'm voting against every single tax measure that comes up until all state workers move to defined contribution retirement plans, the minimum retirement age is 65, and both the value of their health benefits and the percentage of the cost that they pay are equal to the private sector average. Until that day arrives, there's plenty that can be cut without touching services.

I like the way they're trying to sweeten the deal by claiming a "20 percent decrease in state property taxes" all the while forgetting to mention that the state portion of the property tax is only about twenty percent of the average property tax bill to begin with. A net savings of 4%--that is, until they turn around and raise it again.

Class warfare at its finest, compliments of the Democrats in Olympia.

Edited by Fairweather

I'm voting against every single tax measure that comes up until all state workers move to defined contribution retirement plans, the minimum retirement age is 65, and both the value of their health benefits and the percentage of the cost that they pay are equal to the private sector average. Until that day arrives, there's plenty that can be cut without touching services.

how rationally irrationally reactionary!

But he's right, j_b. State workers all live the high life and they are paid more than they are worth and have all these lavish benefits and such. That is why government employment has always been known as the target employment for anybody with the means.

Oh yes, and government sucks. He's right, too, that the "gov" should not do anything that can't be done by private business. I mean, hell, we could have private police and fire departments, couldn't we? The market would assure that all who are deserving would get the services they need. The latte sipping do-nothing Orca crowd might actually have to pay for protection. Shame.