"Spill. Baby. Spill"

j_b

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64420A20100505

"While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they've taken from the oil and gas giant over the years. BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama. . . "

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64420A20100505

"While the BP oil geyser pumps millions of gallons of petroleum into the Gulf of Mexico, President Barack Obama and members of Congress may have to answer for the millions in campaign contributions they've taken from the oil and gas giant over the years. BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama. . . "

OBAMA IS A CORPORATE TOOL AND OIL SHILL REGRESSIVE!!!!!

In other words, beside ad-hominem attacks, the knuckle-draggers have nothing to counter to anything I say, which is plenty. You guys are worthy of all the epithets I also hurl at you.

Bill: after you once again ran like a little girl rather than face your cheer-leading for data manipulator JayB (remember the "per unit GDP" slimy move of a couple pages ago?), here you are, exchanging back-slaps with the pillagers. Kudos, slithering one.

Somewhere in Bellingham is an eight-grade leftist teacher who finally got through to an impressionable young punk. Too bad little j_b didn't take his education beyond that year...

it annoys me that you seem to think history teachers can't seperate their personal politics from their instruction - i've taught w/ dozens of folks who have very strong politics, right and left, none of whom are looking to create legions of minions

In other words, beside ad-hominem attacks, the knuckle-draggers have nothing to counter to anything I say, which is plenty. You guys are worthy of all the epithets I also hurl at you.

Are you drunk?

No, but my epithets about you aren't ad-hominem. I am only calling out the fuckwits responsible for this disaster and who won't acknowledge their calling for expansion of offshore drilling while they fought for systematic deregulation of industry like they would for a religious creed, and to add insult to injury blamed the victims and prisoners of their policies.

In the meantime, neanderthals make up stuff about my owning a car, or some other crap. You'll note that the descriptive 'neanderthal' directly qualifies the lack of any intelligible response.

Are you drunk?

No, but my epithets about you aren't ad-hominem. I am only calling out the fuckwits responsible for this disaster and who won't acknowledge their calling for expansion of offshore drilling while they fought for systematic deregulation of industry like they would for a religious creed, and to add insult to injury blamed the victims and prisoners of their policies.

In the meantime, neanderthals make up stuff about my owning a car, or some other crap. You'll note that the descriptive 'neanderthal' directly qualifies the lack of any intelligible response.

Except that you are part of the demand and part the problem so you're the very same fuckwit you castigate.

Lets see a picture of you're car it it isn't a '78 Jetta.

jb, I don't think you read peoples words very carefully. You bring a lot of bias to the table, and read a lot of what is inside your mind into what others say. I see you'll come right out and attack, even when you are wrong, like you often are. The result is that having a discussion with you is a bit like having a talk to a thick wall....or a board. Not very satisfying. You identify things that don't exist and start screeching right away, instead of clarifying others views, even when they agree with you.

Oh, except that the board doesn't misunderstand you and won't attack you for no apparent reason.

Regards.

Lots of redirection here. It really doesn't matter what kind of car he drives, or what kind of carbon footprint he has. His basic argument about the importance of reducing oil dependence is valid, and the validity of that argument is completely unrelated to the carbon footprint of anybody.

Sure, you can bash on him for being a hypocrite, and maybe he is (I don't know him) but it still doesn't disprove his argument. He could be the fucking CEO of BP for all I care but his basic point is still valid; oil consumption and dependence is destroying our planet.

Why does that argument keep getting diluted with comments about his car? Oh right, I know why. Distraction and redirection. Common tactic, when you have no logical basis for rebuttal.

Pointing at the mud on his fins doesn't improve your swimming.

I'm sure nitrox and others would LOVE to keep the conversation directed at his car, rather than the (now proven) dangers of off-shore drilling.

Lots of redirection here. It really doesn't matter what kind of car he drives, or what kind of carbon footprint he has. His basic argument about the importance of reducing oil dependence is valid, and the validity of that argument is completely unrelated to the carbon footprint of anybody.

Sure, you can bash on him for being a hypocrite, and maybe he is (I don't know him) but it still doesn't disprove his argument. He could be the fucking CEO of BP for all I care but his basic point is still valid; oil consumption and dependence is destroying our planet.

Why does that argument keep getting diluted with comments about his car? Oh right, I know why. Distraction and redirection. Common tactic, when you have no logical basis for rebuttal.

Pointing at the mud on his fins doesn't improve your swimming.

I'm sure nitrox and others would LOVE to keep the conversation directed at his car, rather than the (now proven) dangers of off-shore drilling.

His basic point has nothing to do with reducing oil consumption, just blowing hot air and blaming those he thinks are responsible (Corporate henchmen). Since he wants to place blame then attention is called to his own personal responsibility.

I don't care about his car, just tired of his nonstop hypocritical accusations.

His next post will be that I'm a hypocrite regressive shill...