N****rs and F****ts

Choada_Boy

None of the Republicunt cowards has come forward as of yet to take credit for shouting "Baby Killer" at Stupak last night on the floor of the House. What a surprise.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35986306/ns/politics-capitol_hill/

who'da thought it'd be a texan? :)

...But Rep. Randy Neugebauer said that his remark was a comment on the bill itself and not directed at the Michigan lawmaker.

This is great. Kind of like Fairweather claiming his "blood of tyrants" remark was intended as irony. How's that go again, FW?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, it seems that around here when people realize they don't have jack shit of an argument, they try to distract the conversation by just attacking the other person personally and just displaying their ignorance and meanness for all to see.

Tell me this isn't a recent revelation.. :rolleyes:

The real irony, as far as Mr. Sour Grapes is concerned:

Could a deal have been reached? Who knows? But we do know that the gap between this plan and traditional Republican ideas is not very big. The Obama plan has a broad family resemblance to Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts plan. It builds on ideas developed at the Heritage Foundation in the early 1990s that formed the basis for Republican counter-proposals to Clintoncare in 1993-1994.--from Waterloo

Jim, you miss the point. The Republican Party holds the secret decoder ring to the United States Constitution. They didn't do anything about health care because its unconstitutional to do so.

They also hold the secret decoder ring to the bible, in case you didn't know.

Was the 10th amendment suspended during the FDR years? I could name a long list of federal programs still around from the 30s.....

Which ones, Bill? Social Security; sure. But by 1938 six of his eight New Deal programs had been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. After this, FDR threatened to "stack" the high court with an additional four justices (of his choosing, of course). FDR remains our closest brush with dictatorship. Is this where you want Obama to go?

You're kinda malleable.

Was the 10th amendment suspended during the FDR years? I could name a long list of federal programs still around from the 30s.....

Which ones, Bill? Social Security; sure. But by 1938 six of his eight New Deal programs had been ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. After this, FDR threatened to "stack" the high court with an additional four justices (of his choosing, of course). FDR remains our closest brush with dictatorship. Is this where you want Obama to go?

You're kinda malleable.

I totally agree with Norris up there that the size and growth of federal programs is like a hydra that grows for it's own benefit. I have not seen them reduced by anyone yet, and there's been plenty who said they wanted too, and it's a scary thing when the money spending is so unbalanced and out of control. Yet we do have plenty of federal mandates and programs that would seem on the face of it as "unconstitutional" as this that don't seem to be going anywhere. Was not the federal income tax then a similarly Congressionally voted bill?

You're kinda malleable.

I totally agree with Norris up there that the size and growth of federal programs is like a hydra that grows for it's own benefit. I have not seen them reduced by anyone yet, and there's been plenty who said they wanted too, and it's a scary thing when the money spending is so unbalanced and out of control. Yet we do have plenty of federal mandates and programs that would seem on the face of it as "unconstitutional" as this that don't seem to be going anywhere. Was not the federal income tax then a similarly Congressionally voted bill?

:anger: No. The federal income tax was an amendment to our constitution (The 16th).

I like you Bill, but the fact that you don't understand the difference between an act of Congress and a constitutional amendment leads me to wonder how it is that you can justify calling me ignorant.

Yes. We wouldn't want to get rid of the inequities between the haves and the have nots. That's just not American.

Maybe while we're at it, we can narrow the gap between the works and the works nots as well. :rolleyes:

yes, exactly - if you can't work, even if you're looking, you must die! :rolleyes:

funny you'd put up a pic of hitler - didn't he think people of no value to the state should be neglected and ultimately killed off too?

I like you Bill, but the fact that you don't understand the difference between an act of Congress and a constitutional amendment leads me to wonder how it is that you can justify calling me ignorant.

Damn man, take it easy. After all, Bill's your biggest fan around here. There's a reason for that.

Damn man, take it easy. After all, Bill's your biggest fan around here. There's a reason for that.

ouch! LOL

FW, can you show me where I ever called you ignorant? I don't believe I have ever thought that way, and if I ever did, I must have been drinking and I apologise. It's true that I don't see eye to eye on the last election. I thought that if nothing else, the Presidential candidates showed their colors when they picked their running mates. Given McCains age, I couldn't see Palin as the head cheese. I thought it reflected badly on his thought processes as well. Whereas Obama picked a pretty sharp guy who could step in and do the job if the worst happened to him.