Hilleberg Rad vs Wal-Mart

johndavidjr

Yes it's complex. "G" and "M" you see, are respectively, the first letters in the title "General Motors."

Hence, sometimes, the corporation is called "GM." A tiny group of elite stock analysts know this company is based in Michigan. (Sortta like Boeing is based in Chicago.) This information enables them to afford the Swedish tents made by magic elves in Tacoma. (and to avoid mistake of purchasing North Face brand from larger retailers.)

In general, this whole area is advanced concept that really, you needn't trouble yourself about. Sorry for the needlessly obscure, elitist jargon.

MUCH MORE IMPORTANTLY to your survival: worry about death from "severe alpine conditions" as Jake has pointed out.

Are you actually brave enough to fall asleep in these circumstances, and do you have enough money?

The number of campers who "wake up dead" in Washington in July and August is an increasing scandal. It's due to the prevailing "severe alpine conditions."

This is obviously because they don't shop at the correct store, and also because they are stupid and insuficiently tough and brave and rich.

You gotta be careful and smart. Bravery and sheer toughness alone, are (often tragically) insufficient.

Actually BEING Jake may be the only thing that can actually save you from... not being an asshole.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only pointed out that you have a severe personality defect, nothing more. All other deductions are your inventions.

However, I can deduce that you accidentally ate the whole sheet and never came back. Your mind is perforated so that connections can be made that the average, dumbed down mind can't comprehend.

Lest we get off track, it helps with one recalls the Walmart Puptent. Its utility is legendary. Typical summer Cascades/Sierra alpine camp is in benign weather at moderate altitude, with only real menance being mosquitos.

Native Americans in 1700 didn't know much about steel. Today, they can acquire tool for spreading peanut butter virtually for free.

It's also still possible to spend thousands of dollars on a knife.

I have a view backed by objective easily verified facts as well as subjective experience. Thus their pathetic and truly worthless form of " existence," needing quotes, which often makes dogs look like a much higher form of live.

Nobody has tried to refute this, nor even explicitly disagreed.

Moreover, it's simply factual.

GM is what a select few, really elite people (Not Glen Beck) know as General Motors Corp.

The "dumbing down" I perceive here, is part of the point of my original post.

It's too easy to "con" people into magical thinking that sleeping out in summertime weather requires death-defying bravey and extremely expensive items that can protect you from "severe alpine conditions."

What you might ACTUALLY appreciate, among your frequent nightmares about death in your sleep in a pleasant summer night............. is a little bug netting and a waterproof canopy, along with minimal weight and bulk.

please provide example...i don't see it...

please provide example...i don't see it... again provide an example of the underlined...

The number of campers who "wake up dead" in Washington in July and August is an increasing scandal. It's due to the prevailing "severe alpine conditions."

This is obviously because they don't shop at the correct store, and also because they are stupid and insuficiently tough and brave and rich.

Usually its dumb fuckers from out of state. Like you.

Jake advises that to risk one's life in severe alpine conditions with cheap equipment is stupid. Where'd he hear that?

He then re-posts various arguments revealing his idiocy.

Am concerned Jake is at risk from being hit by a car when he walks to his grocery store with food stamps.

We will all be responsible if this happens.

Needs a leash. Can anybody help? Is there a number for Washington social services????

:lmao:

he'll bring the kmart tent!

Funny you mention kmart, as I'm sure they feel very slighted by this whole thread. Why isn't JDJR, or anyone, for that matter, standing up here for the values that kmart, buymart, minimart, quickiemart and the rest of the capitalist pig sector offer? I see a great deal here... kmart tent package dealio. Yes, you will pay a few dollars more than the JDJR MalWart version. But, this is not only functionally similar to the HBerg tent, but it is also free-standing and comes with the extra gear you will need for your next Cascades outing. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE? WE NEED EQUAL REPRESENTATION, not just for MalWart.

GM is what a select few, really elite people (Not Glen Beck) know as General Motors Corp.

The "dumbing down" I perceive here, is part of the point of my original post.

It's too easy to "con" people into magical thinking that sleeping out in summertime weather requires death-defying bravey and extremely expensive items that can protect you from "severe alpine conditions."

What you might ACTUALLY appreciate, among your frequent nightmares about death in your sleep in a pleasant summer night............. is a little bug netting and a waterproof canopy, along with minimal weight and bulk.

maybe you could elaborate on the severe alpine conditions one finds in Mich-i-gan - i'm sure they are every bit as serious as what we get in the Cascades :rolleyes:

do you plan expeditions to this place?

http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/151786/mount-arvon.htmldo

you climb with eminem and kid rock, too?

Say what you will about the pup, but the tent is sweet.

Here's a shot of her with the top rolled back.

Kyle_Photos_404.jpg

Notice the much more expensive tent in the background.

Kyle_Photos_368.jpg

This baby made it through a fall t-storm in Payette, ID where nearly our whole camp washed into the river and the road was shut down, trapping us in the bar, for most the night. The pup was standing with water marks nearing its breaking point with very little inside.

Kyle_Photos_404.jpg

Kyle_Photos_368.jpg

This baby made it through a fall t-storm in Payette, ID where nearly our whole camp washed into the river and the road was shut down, trapping us in the bar, for most the night. The pup was standing with water marks nearing its breaking point with very little inside.

did you use a sled to drag that large plastic bin up to this extreme alpine destination?

Usually its dumb fuckers from out of state. Like you.

Kyle_Photos_404.jpg

Kyle_Photos_368.jpg

did you use a sled to drag that large plastic bin up to this extreme alpine destination?