Wal-Mart puptent

johndavidjr

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spent 40 years knocking around outdoors. My climbing isn't remarkable, not even perhaps my focus, but have hit 30-40 peaks in NW and Canada, etc, plus zillions of crag routes.

Met dozens of fools over these years, and the MOST annoying have always been those with ill-informed "warnings" (delivered with arrogant superiority) about danger of inferior equipment. Mostly backpacker wimps, but some with greater pretensions.

I've used lots of "inferior" equipment, and used with intelligence in the right circumstances, it's the practical equal to anything.

Have encountered this type of essentially stupid and extreme prejudice and hostility here at cc.com (Where I'd expect more intelligence) in a pronounced manner.

good for you! :rolleyes:

so, can you point me to an example here on cc.com? Oh, and NOLSe (John Frieh) doesn't count...

You wanna protect a fall in rock climbing, or protect yourself against some slightly cooling temperatures, mosquitos, a brief rainshower?

These are different questions.

You want to be identified with super-high-priced clothing, French wine, perfume?

"Consumer choice" and moral choice aren't the same thing.

You wanna protect a fall in rock climbing, or protect yourself against some slightly cooling temperatures, mosquitos, a brief rainshower?

You want to be identified with super-high-priced clothing, French wine, perfume?

wtf are you babbling about?? You don't even make sense... Edited by RuMR

This topic reminds me of the b-grade carpenter who rants about the good enough quality of his Sears Craftsman power tools.

craftsman has a lifetime warranty and snap-on doesn't :fahq:

I'd have guessed a smart feller like you knew that Snap-on doesn't make circular saws, routers, or miter saws. :crazy:

added: no lifetime warranty on the Craftsman power tools either. However, I think tape measures come with that warranty, I've known a few crafty souls to work that angle.

Edited by Off_White

so fuckin' what...what if some ass clown has a 4 season tent from some big name company cuz he's gonna go up denali or somethin' and then takes it backpacking around here?? B I G D E A L

what the hell are you so bent about...you don't want a north face, then don't shop at nordstroms or rei or where ever, go buy a fuckin' tarp and sleep under it...

someone point and laugh at you? Why do you care what others do??????????

you have some issues man...

Edited by RuMR

go eat a bag of bloody dicks smeared with smegma

You wanna protect yourself against some slightly cooling temperatures, mosquitos, a brief rainshower?

you have some issues man...

while we prefer our French perfume.

Ménage à trois:

1. Odor Control

2. Emergency Fuel

3. Emergency Liquor