Beacon

kevbone

Whats not to like about Beacon? Strong winds, loose rock, detached columns, strange pins, trains beneath your feet, tourists trundling above your head, chopped bolts, Rangers and raptors, moss and lichen, chossy ledges, Seasonal closures, permit system to place fixed gear, holy shitttttttttttttttttttttttt but the worse thing of all......Joe Healy passing you while he's roped soloing!!!!! Thats not right!

is adam around? where's adam?

Hi Kenny. Took me 2 hours to read all this shit but I just discovered we got a beacon/bacon forum. SCORE! Who is that Pete H dumbfucker who keeps chiming in?

His other avatar is Dirty Harry.

and he's a plenty cool guy - he just likes to Hate On the Fabled Beacon-Wand :)

So then its fair play to call Pete a doucher and their will be no hard feelings. That said I went to PRG tonight to give my atrophy stricken body a workout and ran into Jim and Hanmi. Jim says he's been working on a good post about the glorys of Oregon climbing. I can't wait.

Hey, isn't everyone suppose to be all out ice climbing now? Whats this Beacon thing that keeps getting bumped? Let see ICE!

perhaps you are looking in the wrong place, bill :wazup:

100_4535.JPG

This it Rick McDonald getting it done on the second pitch of Ainsworth Left.

He is such a bad ass.