Beacon

kevbone

I love it when Jim starts talking about the Holy Spirit. He certainly has "SEEN THE LIGHT". Cept, he's the first person I ever met that refers to the "FU**ing Holy Spirit". It's like half Richard Prior, half Sunday morning hell, fire & brimstone gospel preach'n and 90 percent conspiracy rant. Classic stuff, I love the man...

Yeah he sure is a character - with character!

Aside from soloing. How few pieces do you all do the first pitch of Dod's in? I have done it with five pieces including the directionaly to get to the FFA anchor. bwahhhhhhhh!

if i'm doing it w/ a rope, i only clip the 2 80 year old ring pins :)

my fav was trying ot solo it last fall while waiting for jim to show up and getting impatient - i thought it would be dry enough but upon getting to the blackberry ledge, discovered it was too wet to sanely solo - but how to get back down? i had a rope but no gear - in the end i rapped off my emergency prusik, tied into a knot and slotted into the crack :noway: spent the rest of that morning drinking beer in one of the tunnels and chainsmoking :P

I love it when Jim starts talking about the Holy Spirit. He certainly has "SEEN THE LIGHT". Cept, he's the first person I ever met that refers to the "FU**ing Holy Spirit". It's like half Richard Prior, half Sunday morning hell, fire & brimstone gospel preach'n and 90 percent conspiracy rant. Classic stuff, I love the man...

sort of like?

"Spirit In The Ground"

When I die and they lay me to rest

Gonna go to the place below the rest

When I lay me down to die

Goin' down to the spirit in the ground

That's where I'm gonna go when I die

I'm gonna go to the place below the rest.

Prepare yourself you know it's a must

Gotta have a friend in Satan

So you know that when you die

He's gonna recommend you

To the spirit in the ground

I'm gonna go to the place below the rest.

Always been a sinner I always sinned

I got a friend in Satan

So you know that when I die

He's gonna send me down with

The spirit in the ground

Oh send me down with the spirit in the ground

I'm gonna go to the place below the rest

Oh

Send me down to the Spirit in the Ground

Goin' on down to the Spirit in the Ground

Go to the place below the rest

Go to the place below the rest

Go to the place below the rest.

No need. When I was putting it up I took about a 25' footer at the top of the dihedral he's on, falling down the face on the rightside of the pic when a whole-hand-sized hold simply slid straight out like it was on greased wheels. It was a nasty backflip sort of fall like getting kicked straight out off the rock by a mule. Much to my surprise the section of wall I came back in on hard was paved solid with six inches of moss - didn't feel a thing.

Just a case of having to do a little cleaning on a gateway pitch in order to get into the really sterling climbing above it. Keeps the noobs from hurting themselves as well. Bottom line is you have to be willing to put some fire to the bacon to climb at Beacon - it's not just another roadside attraction like most of what passes for rock close to Seattle.