Beacon

kevbone

The + sign is how thing were rated before the 'abcd' started. How sustained might be a way of looking at it, but mostly it was just used when folks weren't willing to bump something to the next grade up. As you and Bill, nothing on YW is sustained, but I disagree with Bill about how it feels doing it onsight without knowing any of the moves. I think all three cruxs 'feel' like scary 5.10 until you get them wired - but, I could just be lite.

The Charlet Moser 'Rocher Mixte' Piton That was pulled from the bottom of the high SE Corner ramp was mailed to the BRSP office care of me. Thanks, I really appreciate that. It was returned by someone with the initials E. M. - if anyone knows who E. M. is could you have them pm or email me at extcontact _@_ gmail.com.

Thanks...!

Just got back from doing the Corner and rapping Dastardly to replace the Windsurfer slings. If anyone knows who's yellow/black cordalette that was I have it if they want it back. Oh, and somewhere in the dark I lost an orange HB nut with or without a draw - have no idea how, but probably p3 somewhere.

By Eldo or Gunks standards it would be more like:

p1 - 5.7+

p2 - 5.8+

p3 - 5.8+ (one move)

p4 - 5.10a or 5.7

p5 - 5.6

Onsight, not knowing the moves, it feels like 5.10 in a number of spots that also feel sketchy. Once you know all the moves it's more like a continuous 5.6

punctuated with the occasional 5.7-8 move and a one-move 5.10a boulder problem.

MyPicture.jpg

Still looking for E.M. who sent the pulled pin back, the owner of the yellow/black Windsurfer cordalette, and a dropped orange HB alloy on the Corner p3. Thanks....

The Charlet Moser 'Rocher Mixte' Piton That was pulled from the bottom of the high SE Corner ramp was mailed to the BRSP office care of me. Thanks, I really appreciate that. It was returned by someone with the initials E. M. - if anyone knows who E. M. is could you have them pm or email me at extcontact _@_ gmail.com.

Just got back from doing the Corner and rapping Dastardly to replace the Windsurfer slings. If anyone knows who's yellow/black cordalette that was I have it if they want it back.

Oh, and somewhere in the dark I lost an orange HB nut with or without a draw - have no idea how, but probably p3 somewhere.

Still looking for E.M. who sent the pulled pin back, the owner of the yellow/black Windsurfer cordalette, and a dropped orange HB alloy on the Corner p3. Thanks....

Just got back from doing the Corner and rapping Dastardly to replace the Windsurfer slings. If anyone knows who's yellow/black cordalette that was I have it if they want it back.

Oh, and somewhere in the dark I lost an orange HB nut with or without a draw - have no idea how, but probably p3 somewhere.

um...if the offender more or less anonymously sent the pin back, why on earth would he want to contact you now? :crazy:

what kind of condition did it come back in? you reset it back at the notch yet?

side question: heard you were replacing bolts on young warriors (jim suuuure don't like that) - which ones and how'd they look upon extraction? never would have thought that any of them were crap, save the old homemade job on the smoke ledge and a couple of the smc thin hanger guys on the last pitch

Talked with Jim about it at length before I did it. Had he not hurt himself I would have done it with him. The bad mixed metal ones got replaced on p1 and p2. Climb it, nothing whatsoever has changed.

The 'offender' sent the pin back with initials and I'd like to talk with them about it - simple as that. It is not back in the notch as yet.

um...if the offender more or less anonymously sent the pin back, why on earth would he want to contact you now? :crazy:

what kind of condition did it come back in? you reset it back at the notch yet?

Maybe it was a botched ransom kidnapping...

"Ve have ze pin. U follow z instructions carefully and u will get z pin back. However, don't try anyzing stupeed, like contacting z authoreteez. You do, and ze pin dies!!! A slow, agonizing death, vith loats of chalk! Stupeed Imperialist Baconion peegs."

Talked with Jim about it at length before I did it. Had he not hurt himself I would have done it with him. The bad mixed metal ones got replaced on p1 and p2. Climb it, nothing whatsoever has changed.

dave and i did climb those pitches this past thursday and everything seemed to be in the correct places - albeit a bit newer and perhaps a bit more stout looking... as long as the bolts that were replaced were in the same locations as the ones before then the route doesn't change that much...

The 'offender' sent the pin back with initials and I'd like to talk with them about it - simple as that. It is not back in the notch as yet.

wasn't annoyed meself, just trying to parse jim, conundrum that he is - he made it sound like he was opposed to it 100% i usually don't climb yw w/ a rope more than a time or 2 a season anyhow so it makes no difference to me - it's ya'lls trade route and if you thought it was jingus than kewl - i just don't understand why jim's so amped over it.

i just don't understand why jim's so amped over it.

jim doesn't want the route to change by removing and replacign bolts or any fixed gear because it would change the nature of the route. the bolt that denalidave is speaking of (the one below the butthole) was a directional bolt to begin with. yeah, you wouldn't want to fall there, but the only reason it was there was to keep the rope running correctly. the nature of the route is still intact with joe's bolt replacement. however, if one has a 70 meter rope, there is no commitment since there is that bolted rap anchor 20 feet to the right of the first belay. if it was up to me i'd vote to have that thing removed... but whatever, i guess.

however, if one has a 70 meter rope, there is no commitment since there is that bolted rap anchor 20 feet to the right of the first belay. if it was up to me i'd vote to have that thing removed... but whatever, i guess.

dude, it's cragging, there's no really supposed to be huge commitments :) at any rate, having the option to single rope rap off from the top of pithc 2 is good, b/c that keeps people from rapping off the tree on tree-ledge.

however, if one has a 70 meter rope, there is no commitment since there is that bolted rap anchor 20 feet to the right of the first belay. if it was up to me i'd vote to have that thing removed... but whatever, i guess.

dude, it's cragging, there's no really supposed to be huge commitments :) at any rate, having the option to single rope rap off from the top of pithc 2 is good, b/c that keeps people from rapping off the tree on tree-ledge.

were you born grown up ivan or did you have to progress like the rest of us? it's for practice, dood...