arrest in cambridge

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pigs are pigs, i've seen more surface since obama has taken office.

Yeah, now that all those right wing douche bags like Joe Six Pack think the world is going to end because we elected a black man as president. Of course, ignorant people think, say, and do ignorant things. Take the "birthers" for example, and the brown-shirt Nazi cornholes like Rush and Hannity that goad their ilk. Pretty sickening we've reached this low in our supposedly enlightened age, but not surprising considering how deep the hole is Bush that dug us into over the last eight years. Nadir, here we come: Palin 2012!!!

i don't see what the big fuss over obama's comments are.

Well, the President is suppose to gather all the facts before his knee jerks up. In this case he didn't and is a bit embarrassed about it, Obama realized this screw up so he came out and both apologized and invited both the black Professor and the policeman over for a beer. Both of them have accepted the invite. I suspect this is one of the things which both parties would do the same if it were to re-occur, yet neither is comfortable with the outcome.

Having a beer and a handshake is a good thing and a happy way to end it I believe. Good move on Obamas part.

Yeah, now that all those right wing douche bags like Joe Six Pack think the world is going to end because we elected a black man as president. Of course, ignorant people think, say, and do ignorant things. Take the "birthers" for example, and the brown-shirt Nazi cornholes like Rush and Hannity that goad their ilk. Pretty sickening we've reached this low in our supposedly enlightened age, but not surprising considering how deep the hole is Bush that dug us into over the last eight years. Nadir, here we come: Palin 2012!!!

Funny how uneducated tools like Choada are always the first to bring up race. I wasn't there, so I don't know. And neither do you. BTW: It's N-a-d-e-r. Dumbass.

Funny how uneducated tools like Choada are always the first to bring up race. I wasn't there, so I don't know. And neither do you. BTW: It's N-a-d-e-r. Dumbass.

Context my Fairweather friend, Context

but not surprising considering how deep the hole is Bush that dug us into over the last eight years. Nadir, here we come: Palin 2012!!!

When you view how poorly this supposed school teacher constructed the first sentence, is it really a stretch to believe his personal lexicon is, um, limited?

i was talking about cops, what are you... like 5 years old and do you go to the same kindergarten as #13 Baby?

i was talking about cops, what are you... like 5 years old and do you go to the same kindergarten as #13 Baby?

My definition of "pig" extends far beyond the police.

Hey Joe Six Pack: it's a shame I can't actually block all your drivel, buts it's pretty clear why I should keep trying based on your last couple posts. And if you can tell me the opposite of nadir without looking it up, I'd be quite surprised. For the rest of you guys, help a brother out by not quoting Joe in your posts. It's like having Rush or Hannity spewing away in the lower right corner during the Daily Show.

Well, the President is suppose to gather all the facts before his knee jerks up.

Question for Bill and anybody else who complains about Obama's remark:

Did you actually listen to or watch the press conference? I listened to his answer to that Cambridge question and he specifically said (1) he didn't know the facts, and (2) that he was NOT calling the Cambridge police racists. Yes, he said "what we do know is that they acted stupidly" or some such thing, but if you actually listened to his answer you would know that his message has been more than a little distorted for the sake of a press mess.

Seriously. Turn off Rush Limbaugh and George Will and listed to the actual press conference. Then ask yourself whether you might grow "agitated" if police officers were in your home and you proved it to them and they didn't then apologize for bothering you and then exit out your door. Especially you, Mr. 2nd amendment.

One might argue he should not have offered any comment at all, but that is not what most "commentators" are saying. Certainly not somebody who said Obama offered a knee jerk response. In my view, it is THAT commentator who is offering the knee jerk response.

Well, the President is suppose to gather all the facts before his knee jerks up.

Question for Bill and anybody else who complains about Obama's remark:

Did you actually listen to or watch the press conference? I listened to his answer to that Cambridge question and he specifically said (1) he didn't know the facts, and (2) that he was NOT calling the Cambridge police racists. Yes, he said "what we do know is that they acted stupidly" or some such thing, but if you actually listened to his answer you would know that his message has been more than a little distorted for the sake of a press mess.

Seriously. Turn off Rush Limbaugh and George Will and listed to the actual press conference. Then ask yourself whether you might grow "agitated" if police officers were in your home and you proved it to them and they didn't then apologize for bothering you and then exit out your door. Especially you, Mr. 2nd amendment.

One might argue he should not have offered any comment at all, but that is not what most "commentators" are saying. Certainly not somebody who said Obama offered a knee jerk response. In my view, it is THAT commentator who is offering the knee jerk response.

Sorry, but unlike Obama, I considered my response first. I don't believe that you read it however.

Th reality is that all of us, just like the 3 principal actors in this mini-drama, bring all of our baggage to this picnic.

Sorry, but unlike Obama, I considered my response first. I don't believe that you read it however.

Nope. I read your response.

Did you actually listen to Obama's statement before you pronounced it a "knee jerk reaction?" Lets parse the words. The whole thing.

Did you actually listen to Obama's statement before you pronounced it a "knee jerk reaction?" Lets parse the words. The whole thing.

Yeah, let's "parse" every fucking word. :rolleyes:

We can start with the word "is" and determine what the meaning of it is.

Yeah, let's "parse" every fucking word. :rolleyes:

We can start with the word "is" and determine what the meaning of it is.

fap, fap, fap, fap

The president has no business commenting on an issue like this. His position is way out of context no matter what he says.

Obama screwed up.

I initially thought this was a BS idea. After all, this is/was an important story of the day and he was asked about it in a press conference and if you ACTUALLY LISTENED TO HIS RESPONSE you would know that the furor is over a message that is taken from one sentence that has in fact been taken out of context. But you are right to a point: a black president's comments on racial politics are guaranteed to be taken out of context.

I'm not sure whether, at the end of the day, I will conclude he "should" or "should not" have commented. Certainly it was risky at best to speak to that issue. But his message was in fact 100% correct in my view: he said that he wasn't judging or commenting as to whether the police acted in a racist fashion but it was stupid to arrest Gates.

As I heard on the radio today: a gaff is when a politician actually speaks the truth.