To all of you ungrateful curs

billcoe

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt: I am no less pissed and angry than you at the "privatization" and "socialization" of the governments monetary policy and how that whole thing is being handled. I suspect that even more folks will be even angrier when they come back, hat in hand, and tell us need more money.

billcoe, if you are such a great believer in how wonderful our country is, why do you nevertheless feel that you have to own some guns to protect your "freedoms" from that very same country? seems to me that gun fanciers such as yourself actually don't believe in the united states and its way of life, otherwise you wouldn't feel it necessary to be ready to take up arms against it.

Man, you need to tweak the meds. One could look at it this way: He believes in the way of life we have here and is willing to use his 2nd amendment rights to protect it; no? Little less rhetoric and condescension might go along way in having your voice actually heard by people that aren't in your little circle jerk.

like in the movie: "nothing i hate more then a pussy with a gun" pretty much sums up your persona.

Furthermore, he has really done nothing that directly affects your baisic liberties guaranteed by the gifted hand of the founding fathers.

A perfect example, if ever there was one, of exactly how our rights are systematically eroded with the implicit assistance and approval of rightwing [and incredibly naive] nationalists. Either that, or you're just flat out too damn stupid to put your paw on exactly what has happened over the past six years. "Basic liberties"? I suspect you won't wake up so long as gun rights are the last right they strip from you. Just extrordinarily blind, clueless, or will be on the frontlines with the government if ever they do make such a move. And that threat will always come from the right in this country.

That's his point, Alkatete. "They" have made a politics out of exploiting American's obsession with terrorists and gay rights and in fact it HAS threatened our way of life in small but real ways. And, as you point out, armed resistance does not seem to be the appropriate response.

So what is your point then. 'cause that is pretty much what I just said.

Furthermore, he has really done nothing that directly affects your baisic liberties guaranteed by the gifted hand of the founding fathers.

A perfect example, if ever there was one, of exactly how our rights are systematically eroded with the implicit assistance and approval of rightwing [and incredibly naive] nationalists. Either that, or you're just flat out too damn stupid to put your paw on exactly what has happened over the past six years. "Basic liberties"? I suspect you won't wake up so long as gun rights are the last right they strip from you. Just extrordinarily blind, clueless, or will be on the frontlines with the government if ever they do make such a move. And that threat will always come from the right in this country.

Just what basic rights do you think are gauranteed to you? The right to have a faat 401K? The right to have a corner office? The right to pay 1$ for gas?

The threat would have come from the right if it were to have hapened in the last 8 years. Now, the threat indeed seems to loom from the left who has laid dormant for years. Take off your political blinders. Tyrrany has been perpetrated by the left and right throughout history.

What's my point? Quite obviously, the following is nothing but empty rhetoric:

I will maintain myself always prepared to stand for freedom. Whether the assault against freedom be from Uzbeck insurgents, Timothy McVeighs or Villanous men obtaining office in our government. I truly hope the latter never comes to fruition but if it does, know that there are those that are ready to take action.

You vote for fearmongering fascists and attack those who disagree with you as "cowards" and "traitors." That is not exactly standing for freedom.

What's my point? Quite obviously, the following is nothing but empty rhetoric:

I will maintain myself always prepared to stand for freedom. Whether the assault against freedom be from Uzbeck insurgents, Timothy McVeighs or Villanous men obtaining office in our government. I truly hope the latter never comes to fruition but if it does, know that there are those that are ready to take action.

You vote for fearmongering fascists and attack liberals as "cowards" and "traitors." That is not exactly standing for freedom.

I did not vote for Bush either time. I did not vote for McCain this time. So what exactly do your incorrect assumptions about me prove again?

So you voted for cowards and traitors? Interesting. Anyway, back to the guns:

You guys who proclaim your maintaining guns in the basement is an act of patriotism keep repeating some mythical notion that if things really get bad you will rise up against government power. I can’t say this could NEVER happen but looking around the world and considering how “government power” is applied here and at home it seems like a very dim possibility, at best.

I haven’t studied the history of this issue, so I’m going to go out on a limb here but my bet is that by any measure freedom is not necessarily greater in countries that have lots of weapons in circulation. I’m guessing that taking away small arms has not been an important step in many nations’ movement toward centralized State control. I don’t remember reading about any armed citizens’ uprising restoring any balance of powers in modern times.

In short, clinging to such things as guns and religion is more likely to take us toward accepting a loss of freedom in the U.S than to cause us to defend against such loss.

To the whinny people around here who continually bitch about our country all the time. Here's how much of the rest of the real world sadly is. This gentleman only told the truth of how he was (mis)treated at the hands of the police. Bye-bye Jigme.

The rest of the world?

You mean this happens in Canada, and Britain, and Sweden, and Japan, and Germany, and Australia, and....

So you voted for cowards and traitors? Interesting. Anyway, back to the guns:

You guys who proclaim your maintaining guns in the basement is an act of patriotism keep repeating some mythical notion that if things really get bad you will rise up against government power. I can’t say this could NEVER happen but looking around the world and considering how “government power” is applied here and at home it seems like a very dim possibility, at best.

I haven’t studied the history of this issue, so I’m going to go out on a limb here but my bet is that by any measure freedom is not necessarily greater in countries that have lots of weapons in circulation. I’m guessing that taking away small arms has not been an important step in many nations’ movement toward centralized State control. I don’t remember reading about any armed citizens’ uprising restoring any balance of powers in modern times.

In short, clinging to such things as guns and religion is more likely to take us toward accepting a loss of freedom in the U.S than to cause us to defend against such loss.

Why do you continue to manufacture a debate concerning guns and religion? Our inalienable rights as outlined in the Bill of Rights stand together, not alone.

And, why do you insist on prodding everyone to subsume his individuality into some collective citizen image?

Just what basic rights do you think are gauranteed to you? The right to have a faat 401K? The right to have a corner office? The right to pay 1$ for gas?

The threat would have come from the right if it were to have hapened in the last 8 years. Now, the threat indeed seems to loom from the left who has laid dormant for years. Take off your political blinders. Tyrrany has been perpetrated by the left and right throughout history.

I can't say what JosephH meant, but I'd guess, from his previous posts, that he was referring to the elimination or serious violation of a) Habeus Corpus b) the right to protection against unreasonable search and seizure c) the right to be secure in ones person, papers, and effects d) the right to due process, e) the requirement of probable cause and f) a prohibition of mistreatment of prisoners any time any place by any means; all of which are either directly granted by the Constitution of the United States or indirectly through ratified treaty, which becomes federal law under the Constitution of the United States.

Since you took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution from all enemies foriegn and domestic (which would certainly include your Commander in Chief, a sticky situation to be sure), at least I think enlisted people take that oath, no? I'm sure you've followed the violation of these rights closely since 911 as many of us have.

I really doubt JosephH was crying over prices at the pump, here.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I can't say what JosephH meant, but I'd guess, from his previous posts, that he was referring to the elimination or serious violation of a) Habeus Corpus b) the right to protection against unreasonable search and seizure c) the right to be secure in ones person, papers, and effects d) the right to due process, e) the requirement of probable cause and f) a prohibition of mistreatment of prisoners any time any place by any means; all of which are either directly granted by the Constitution of the United States or indirectly through ratified treaty, which becomes federal law under the Constitution of the United States.

How many U.S. citizens have been treated this way? I know of none. I swore no oath to defend Hadji Goatherder's rights. That, is something that the government you elected did.

actually you did - as tvash says, treaties we ratify become federal law, as established by the consitution which you are sworn to defend - we have signed many treaties that require us to honor the human rights of hadji goatherder

as established by the constitution...yeh whatever. You are stretching this thing a little thin. This is an oath given to grunts; not MBA grads.

How many U.S. citizens have been treated this way? I know of none. I swore no oath to defend Hadji Goatherder's rights. That, is something that the government you elected did.

There have been a couple. It tends to be an anomaly and not the norm. Those mistreated folks usually immediately turn around and sue for damages. The pdx muslim arrested due to false fingerprint recognition and charged with blowing up the train in Spain for instance. As far as Hadji goatfucker, there's plenty of rules and regs that deal with that as well.

Here's that guy that was fucked over, and received a 2 million dollar payout for his trouble. link

image2216499g.jpg

Poor bastard had his rights totally trampled and he only got $2,000,000 bucks.

And his litagation continues : "The settlement allows Mayfield to continue to pursue his challenge of the USA Patriot Act, Rosenthal said. Mayfield claims the act violates the Fourth Amendment because it allows government searches without probable cause that a crime has been committed.

"The Patriot Act is decidedly not patriotic," Rosenthal said. "We will vigorously pursue this constitutional challenge to the highest courts in the country." "

And then later, the ACLU let all you be shit on by the ravages of your elected govenment- read it right here: Link "ACLU drops lawsuit challenging Patriot Act

Group satisfied with changes to provision covering access to records

Oct. 27, 2006

DETROIT - The American Civil Liberties Union on Friday dropped a lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the USA Patriot Act.

The ACLU said it was withdrawing the lawsuit filed more than three years ago because of “improvements to the law.” The Justice Department argued last month that amendments approved by Congress in March 2006 had corrected any constitutional flaws in the Patriot Act.

“While the reauthorized Patriot Act is far from perfect, we succeeded in stemming the damage from some of the Bush administration’s most reckless policies,” Ann Beeson, associate legal director of the ACLU in New York, said in a written statement."

is that what you folks without links are talking about? That the American Civil Liberties Union thought this was OK and walked away from it?? Do any of you think it is probably because there wasn't a case.