Snafflehounds

Colin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snafflehounds are another name for the bushy tailed wood-rat. If you have ever been molested by these bastards you'll never confuse them with pikas. Much bigger, meaner, and uglier. They'll destroy gear faster than you can say snafflehound! I'm serious too, if you don't believe me, just bivy at Burgundy Col and find out for yourselves.

All I have to say is ring-tailed cats. They live on ledges in Yosemite, at least thats the only place I've seen them, and they will stop at nothing to get your food. We bivied on a ledge this spring with another group and no shit one of the cats crawled over this dudes head to get to his food sack. Dude thought he was trippin because he smoked to much dope earlier till I pointed out the cat getting ready to nibble on his ear.

Fuckinbastsard snafflehounds!!!! Camped on Snow Creek below the wall about a dozen years ago and the ferocious/fearless fuzzy litle rodents assaulted us as we were sitting around the campfire. We prevailed but it was a heated battle, won only after stomping on a pair of them and kicking their carcasses into our campfire. In the morning we discovered that they had eaten the heels out of a perfectly good pair of Scarpa rock shoes. Fuckinbastard snafflehounds!!!!

Where were you when we needed you Mr. Blister?

Nolanr,

I saw a bear yesterday afternoon as well as snafflehounds last night at my campsite. Big Big Snafflehounds. They are annoying and very persistant little mongrels that need some poison and baiting into traps to eliminate their scourge. The bear ran away and the Snafflehounds were bold enough to try to eat into my pack that I was using as a pillow. Bastards must die !! Kill them Snafflehounds wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Cpt.Caveman (edited 07-21-2001).]

You know, these things are basically vege eating rodents. I've eaten muskrat and the buck tooth beaver(not to be confused with the toothless as biteing this one will get you slapped)both of these rodents are good to eat. I'll bet Snaffelhounds are good too. Hell, we should leave all freeze dried at home and arm ourselves with wall hammers, ice axes and sling shots. Fresh flesh before and after a climb would be gooood.

Scott,

You can keep all the Snafflehound meals on your dinner plate.

Nasty bastards should be exterminated!

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~efee/bugaboos.htm

"We pulled into the Bugaboo Glacier Provincial Park parking lot at 4:00 pm and were on the trail by 5:30. Four hours later we staggered onto the Bugaboo/Snowpatch Col, eagerly greeted by a horde of ravenous snafflehounds. Bold is far too mild a word to describe those furry devils! Fortunately, I was with a veteran of previous rodent wars. Frank produced a 10 foot length of stainless steel wire which we strung between big boulders; everything edible was hung from it. He also scattered leftover food a short distance from our camp to distract them. Their only significant victory was a 2 inch cube of cheese that I left unguarded for an instant while I was stirring the soup."

[This message has been edited by Cpt.Caveman (edited 07-23-2001).]

Hey Blister,

I have never seen a Snafflehound on the dinner table in China, however, I ate many marmots in Mongolia. The marmot is a delicacy in the central asian steppe, though it should be noted that the Plague (as in the one that crippled Europe) still exists in Mongolia and other central asian countries and it is spread to people via the fleas found on marmots.

quote:

Originally posted by Matt:

it should be noted that the Plague (as in the one that crippled Europe) still exists in Mongolia and other central asian countries and it is spread to people via the fleas found on marmots.

The Plague also exists in the American Southwest, particularily the 4 corners area. It kills people once every couple years. Don't get bit by fleas in Indian Creek.