Bongs, pipes or joints.......

kevbone

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't miss it.

It was just a sign of the times.

What I can't belive is that I managed to graduate with a BA while high.

Well, not exactly.

When I stoned, AKA STUPID, most of the time my GPA dropped to almost going on acedemic probation. Then I redused my use to weekends and breaks. then to just breaks, and finally got my GPA back up to where I could graduate.

It was amazing how I could not work any logic or mathmatics while high.

Clean and Sober now for 23 years.

Proud of what?

Being a pot-head, pot head. The results have been in for a long time: pot will make you lazy, dull and unambitious. Is that what you are?

You want your kids to get into that? And unless you're growing your own, you might be at the bottom end of participating in the web-of-death that surrounds a lot of illegal drugs. (Try accidentally wandering into some cool-dude's plantation in the woods and see what happens to you.) Listen to what brother sirwoofalot got to say....and trust me, there are plenty of other similar testimonies:

I don't miss it.

Well, not exactly.

When I stoned, AKA STUPID, most of the time my GPA dropped to almost going on acedemic probation. Then I redused my use to weekends and breaks. then to just breaks, and finally got my GPA back up to where I could graduate.

Being a pot-head, pot head. The results have been in for a long time: pot will make you lazy, dull and unambitious. Is that what you are?

Not me. I am at the most a very part time user…….pot does not make me lazy. Matter of fact it does the opposite. Its like drinking coffee…..I just want to do things……go climbing…..clean the house…..go running…..

Personally, I gave up the sacred herb some time ago but certainly won't bash those that do partake. It is far less dangerous than our beloved alcohol. People don't get violent and/or crash cars (for the most part anyway) when they smoke pot. Not to say that regular smoking is going to do any good to your lungs, heart and brain cells. Took me a while to "clear the fog" after quitting but I still don't feel that much "clearer" in the head. Just a former stoner's 2 cents.

Not me. I am at the most a very part time user…….pot does not make me lazy. Matter of fact it does the opposite. Its like drinking coffee…..I just want to do things……go climbing…..clean the house…..go running…..

There are three major species of the Cannabis genes; Cannabis sativa, Cannabis indicia, and Cannabis americanus.

Sativa generally makes you hyper active, indicia makes you lethargic, and americanus does not get you high at all as it have very low levels of THC.

S & I have much higher levels of THC and will make you stupid, or high which ever you want to call it.

So if smoking makes you active as you claim then you are mostly smoking sativa.

My former titles were Dr. Bong, and John the Joint Roller

Which method do you prefer? I like joints because you can smoke the evidence…..but your hands stink for a while.

Kevbone....you proud of that???

Maybe this site could sponsor a voluntary register of pot-heads so there aren't any unwanted surprises. Joint-puffers can get together and smoke-out in the Muir hut or on their favorite belay ledge and not piss anyone off, and those who want nothing to do with it can add their names to the "do not smoke around me" list.

I'll be the first to add my name to the latter list: I don't want your weed in your pack in my car, in your pocket or your mouth when you're climbing with me, or lit anywhere within ten feet of me on any occasion. Or any other kind of smokable product for that matter.

I recall the early days of the cc.com "pub club". Someone at the communal table would say "Safety Break" and 2/3rds of the climbers would disappear for about 15 minutes. I got curious once and saw a bunch of coughing folks coming out of the back of some guy's van, just like in a Cheech & Chong movie. Whatever.

clintons_hippies.jpg

"We tried it, but we never inhaled. Belay on!"

Dude, it's totally cool that you don't smoke. Right on. :tup: But what do you care if others do? Live your own life. You're not automatically right just because it's your opinion.

Which method do you prefer? I like joints because you can smoke the evidence…..but your hands stink for a while.

Kevbone....you proud of that???

Maybe this site could sponsor a voluntary register of pot-heads so there aren't any unwanted surprises. Joint-puffers can get together and smoke-out in the Muir hut or on their favorite belay ledge and not piss anyone off, and those who want nothing to do with it can add their names to the "do not smoke around me" list.

I'll be the first to add my name to the latter list: I don't want your weed in your pack in my car, in your pocket or your mouth when you're climbing with me, or lit anywhere within ten feet of me on any occasion. Or any other kind of smokable product for that matter.

I recall the early days of the cc.com "pub club". Someone at the communal table would say "Safety Break" and 2/3rds of the climbers would disappear for about 15 minutes. I got curious once and saw a bunch of coughing folks coming out of the back of some guy's van, just like in a Cheech & Chong movie. Whatever.

clintons_hippies.jpg

"We tried it, but we never inhaled. Belay on!"

Dude, it's totally cool that you don't smoke. Right on. :tup: But what do you care if others do? Live your own life. You're not automatically right just because it's your opinion.

he's no different than the other self-righteous people on this site with opinions on "better living" (and no, I'm not talking about you)

????? I ain't stoppin' you from making yourself stupid. Why do I care? I don't, unless you're doing it around me, carrying it in my car, or if you're my climbing partner. Then it is my business. Toke away, Smokey-Joe!

stoned.jpg

raindawg = buzz-kill

the stupidiest thing to ever happen to me and my party in the mountains happened when i was climbing w/ 2 non-smokers and i was without - this disaster would never have occured had any of those things been different, i am sure :)

smoking pot = paranoia = attention to safety

i respect your personal choice though, dawg - i just really don't understand it. jeebus, even buckley dug on it!

raindawg = buzz-kill

I agree with the first, but totally disagree with the second. Even as an advocate of use. I have watched 2 people on seperate occasions tie a single fig 8, thread their harness and start to climb w/o checking. They noticed after a few feet, but it indicates a complete lack of attention to detail.

pot=paranoia

pot does not = safety

raindawg = buzz-kill

I agree with the first, but totally disagree with the second. Even as an advocate of use. I have watched 2 people on seperate occasions tie a single fig 8, thread their harness and start to climb w/o checking. They noticed after a few feet, but it indicates a complete lack of attention to detail.

pot=paranoia

pot does not = safety

ymmv

my natural personality is much more lackadasical and cavalier when sober - stoned, i triple check knots, placements, basics - it certainly doesn't make me faster, but certainly more cautious

Proud of what?

You want your kids to get into that? And unless you're growing your own, you might be at the bottom end of participating in the web-of-death that surrounds a lot of illegal drugs. (Try accidentally wandering into some cool-dude's plantation in the woods and see what happens to you.) Listen to what brother sirwoofalot got to say....and trust me, there are plenty of other similar testimonies:

I don't miss it.

Well, not exactly.

Ummm, Raindawg: You might want to give up your beloved fermented beverages before you start preaching about sobriety to others. If and when you ever do, you might even learn that it's neither OK nor effective to preach about sobriety at all. Example is the only thing that works in department, and you're certainly no example.

I.e.: STFU.

Pot is a drug just like alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, and many other things. Most of the items on the above list are legal, but no different than pot.

Should you smoke pot all day every day? Well hell no just like you shouldn't do the same thing with alcohol. Drunk drivers seem to cause a lot of accidents.

Personally I'd like to have open options, but these days I'm in a different category.

I believe I'll go get another cup of coffee now. :brew: