The sad f#$%ing truth

Peter_Puget

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck you guys. you're all gettin uptight about what the fuck people climb. some folks like alpine nonsense and some folks like fucked up ice, and some folks stick to rock craziness. who cares?

I thought you didn't climb... :whistle:

A little perspective may be hard to take but I think Puget has a point.

I like the Cascades as much as anybody and have climbed more routes on Rainier than most posters here.

As usual, you have NO idea about what, or to whom, you are speaking, Swami.

I've also traveled a fair bit and climbed in ranges elsewhere. The Cascades have their charm, but I can't understand anybody claiming any "best" status or even thinking that the big R is some god of a mountain.

Grow up. Much to your disappointment, I migrated to the Northwest from the "hated" California because I fell in love with Mt. Rainier. By the way, I am a California colonist. You are now living in North Northern California.

Drive to Ashford and make sure you tell Big Lou how much Rainier sucks. And while you're at it, find some Nisqually Indians and ask them about their "god of a mountain", for which the city of Tacoma is named.

The same goes for cc.com. I post near as much as anybody around and I strongly support the site. I promote it and organize cc.com events and have made lots of friends here. But we've got some serious warts and cc culture kind of sucks.

...sucks like a cross-section of the so-called climbing "community" in general. For my first 15 years of climbing, it was really, really special...it's gotten lame, dumbed-down and stupid ever since. I still cling to the distant hope that there will someday be a renaissance of people who really care about the crags and mountains and how they're treated, and how we climb them.

We are all a bunch of pathetic losers in reality,...

Speak for yourself, but not inclusively.

and I include myself in that statement.

That's your prerogative...perhaps you'll feel better about your self-esteem tomorrow. Today is the first day of the rest of your life....choose carefully.

A little perspective may be hard to take but I think Puget has a point.

I like the Cascades as much as anybody and have climbed more routes on Rainier than most posters here.

As usual, you have NO idea about what, or to whom, you are speaking, Swami.

I've also traveled a fair bit and climbed in ranges elsewhere. The Cascades have their charm, but I can't understand anybody claiming any "best" status or even thinking that the big R is some god of a mountain.

Grow up. Much to your disappointment, I migrated to the Northwest from the "hated" California because I fell in love with Mt. Rainier. By the way, I am a California colonist. You are now living in North Northern California.

Drive to Ashford and make sure you tell Big Lou how much Rainier sucks. And while you're at it, find some Nisqually Indians and ask them about their "god of a mountain", for which the city of Tacoma is named.

The same goes for cc.com. I post near as much as anybody around and I strongly support the site. I promote it and organize cc.com events and have made lots of friends here. But we've got some serious warts and cc culture kind of sucks.

...sucks like a cross-section of the so-called climbing "community" in general. For my first 15 years of climbing, it was really, really special...it's gotten lame, dumbed-down and stupid ever since. I still cling to the distant hope that there will someday be a renaissance of people who really care about the crags and mountains and how they're treated, and how we climb them.

We are all a bunch of pathetic losers in reality,...

Speak for yourself, but not inclusively.

and I include myself in that statement.

That's your prerogative...perhaps you'll feel better about your self-esteem tomorrow. Today is the first day of the rest of your life....choose carefully.

do you have anything positive to say?

As I said: I like the Cascades as much as anybody, and as I forgot to say: I specifically moved here for that reason and I'm happy with that choice.

I'm just sayin' that if it is the actual climbing that we are talking about, Yosemite, the Bugaboos, Mt. Robson, the Waddington Range, the Alaska Range ... there are a lot of other destinations that come higher on my list of really cool climbing destinations than our mighty Mt. Stuart or whatever. But I like all that Washington has to offer - the mountains, desert, coast and, yes, the City of Seattle. But really: what crag in Washington compares to the 'Gunks?

I think Peter's original point was not only that Washington really is not the center of the universe for climbing, but also that many very active posters on cc.com simply seem to want to spread ill will rather than talk about how much all of us like climbing or even the climbs themselves and this is unfortunate. I'm expanding on his point, but I'm pretty sure I'm accurate in my expanded interpretation. I love this place; I post day in and day out and I've made lots of great friends here. But cc.com could be better.

many very active posters on cc.com simply seem to want to spread ill will rather than talk about how much all of us like climbing or even the climbs themselves and this is unfortunate. I'm expanding on his point, but I'm pretty sure I'm accurate in my expanded interpretation. I love this place; I post day in and day out and I've made lots of great friends here. But cc.com could be better.

I agree. This forum is largely the same five people bitching back and forth about the same things over and over, and it's pretty stupid. I may not be completely innocent, but I try to keep it constructive most of the time. I really appreciate those who write trip reports, provide good advice, and talk about climbing.

That's funny. I've been climbing for, oh, 27 years now, and my climbing partners have only gotten more interesting, humorous, skilled, and environmentally responsible over the years.

Sucks to be you, I guess, but I doubt you actually bother to climb with enough people to really know what you're talking about. Sounds a whole lot like an old fuck carping from the sidelines to me.

As for the whining about the "cc culture", certain posters seem to confuse Spray, which was designed to corral recreational insulting from the rest of the site. Any time you wanna stop posting in or reading spray and limit yourself to the rest of the site, you'll find that this is still an active, rich climbing website and a great place to hook up with stellar partners and new friends.

I.e, STFU, whiny bitches.

Edited by tvashtarkatena