The sad f#$%ing truth

Peter_Puget

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELLO!

I WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS VEGETARIAN DISHES AND FREE RANGE ALTERNATIVES!

COCK A DOODLE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come over for dinner and we can talk about it over drinks beforehand Rooster:-) (said the hungry fox).

cover.jpg

So I repeat my earlier advice: stop taking yourself so seriously and try to enjoy life a little.

I totally agreey JJD, nice call. However, I am guessing Don's answer to be":..."No, the world will end in total nuclear annihilation if I do not get you morons to agree with my point".

:lmao:

Ha ha - now that I've preemptively answered for him, (correctly as you see there), he will now substitute a dismissive post directed to other posters in lieu of the total annihilation point (not at me for some reason unless it's an oblique or arcane reference! :grin: )

PS, I also have the square that says he logs onto CC.com, jumps up onto his desk and starts peeing on his computer (much like this lil fella)

dog%20peeing%20on%20computer.jpg

while this thread is still up on the screen! :lmao:

Office pool anyone?

Dawg, you sound like such a sad and bitter person yearning for those days in your youth when climbing made you feel special, it breaks my heart. I mean it, it bums me out.

Thats exactly what I was thinking! Except my heart isn't broken at all though, I could give a rats ass about that part.

Ok, Don bums me for some other undefined reason. Maybe it's his unreasonable and extreme stance on bolts.

Here's a message for my extremely hip sport-climbin' buddies Mr. Off White and Mr. B. Coe. Starting with OW. Because my buddy Fairweather says you're a good guy, and because he's an excellent judge of character, I'm gonna give you a chance to demonstrate such qualities on this board (or we can go climbing). So far, I haven't been impressed with the way you been treatin' my good buddy Dwayner.

Now for Bill (and some of this applies to OW). You seem like an educated guy. Yet, when me an' Dwayner encourage our rock climbing brothers to take it easy with the drill, in the interest of preserving rock climbing as somewhat of a wilderness activity, in the interest of being gentle on the medium, you inevitably respond with the same tired crap, attempting to dismiss the ideas as not contemporary and therefore invalid. You do this by asserting that Dwayner's interest in this issue is motivated purely by nostalgia and contempt for anything new and different.

Fact is, good ideas are timeless. And you two are a little too old to be worried about what's fashionable. We all know what bolts bring to climbing: greater safety, steeper learning curve, metalic trash on the rock, increased traffic, more inexperienced climbers using their gear to get up cliffs that are probably too hard for them (where they can drop 'biners on you), access issues, the change of our mind-sets to favor convenience and safety over challenge, courage and accepting limitations (thus the increasing number of bolted cracks). And general laziness.

Outside of metalic trails of trash, there are many ways sport climbing has impacted rock climbing. Most are arguably negative. And I think you know this, otherwise you'd make some attempt to discuss these issues. Instead, all we get out of you is some incredibly sophomoric attempts to shift attention away from this issues and attack my friend's character.

Guess what......I know Dwayner better than most of ya. He's a close friend. His opposition to excessive bolting is not motivated by a resentment of growing old or of new ideas. Instead, I believe he's motivated by a deep respect for the beauty and adventure found in climbing mountains.

You, Mr. B. Coe, probably already know this. If Dwayner bums you out, it's because you're behaving like a jackass and defending something that you know is pathetic. Makes me curious about what motivates you. A need to feel young, by sparkin' a bowl while your buddies hang-dog a little 5.10 Smith Rock climb right next to some cute girls who are probably young enough to be your children? Is that why you like this nonsense? Or is it because you always told yourself you could climb a 5.11, and now, with a bolt by your foot, knee and shoulder you can just French free your way up it? Ain't sport climbing great?

BTW, once again OW, I'm waiting to see what Fairweather's talking about. Mr. Coe, your'e just an asshole so don't bother responding.

BTW, Pope, I was thinkin' you didn't read a damn thing I said did ya? If you say yes, I would encourage you to re-read it. Your response indicates that you have not.

i refuse to do it until we have thorough, complete, in-depth, soution oriented discussion on global warming!

CAUTION!!! THE INTELLECTUAL CAPACITY OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BREACHED.

You may now begin your discussion of global warming. Please carry on. Thank you.

I'll start. True story last night at the dinner table. We were discussing if we should try to live up to what Al Gore Says we should do, or do just what Al Gore does.

We decided that although he can live with a $14,000 electric bill, we cannot. We decided that although he can fly all over the world all the time and lay down a huge carbon footprint, we can't do that.

So a little of both. No A/C for us, that kind of thing.

As I said: I like the Cascades as much as anybody, and as I forgot to say: I specifically moved here for that reason and I'm happy with that choice.

I'm just sayin' that if it is the actual climbing that we are talking about, Yosemite, the Bugaboos, Mt. Robson, the Waddington Range, the Alaska Range ... there are a lot of other destinations that come higher on my list of really cool climbing destinations than our mighty Mt. Stuart or whatever. But I like all that Washington has to offer - the mountains, desert, coast and, yes, the City of Seattle. But really: what crag in Washington compares to the 'Gunks?

I think Peter's original point was not only that Washington really is not the center of the universe for climbing, but also that many very active posters on cc.com simply seem to want to spread ill will rather than talk about how much all of us like climbing or even the climbs themselves and this is unfortunate. I'm expanding on his point, but I'm pretty sure I'm accurate in my expanded interpretation. I love this place; I post day in and day out and I've made lots of great friends here. But cc.com could be better.

The problem with the bugaboos, waddington, alaska range etc etc is that there are no freaking cool major cities next to them. What makes the Cascades a great place is the proximity to the Seattle metro area. Not many other major cities in the U.S. offer a better place for climbers imo. Note I said "major"

I think it’s ridiculous that passionate subjects such as “ethics”, one of the most important, and sadly most neglected topics in climbing, almost automatically get tossed into “spray” because of its volatile nature.

My suggestion:

move the ethical arguments, including this one, to the new Ethics Forum,

in which “minx” will not be allowed to moderate (she has long shown a disinterest, lack of understanding or just plain boredom with such subjects),

and eliminate the pages and pages of one line irrelevant “banter”.

There's a climbers' retirement home awaiting you at minnesotaclimbing.com .

You'll find a bosom buddy in a "fluff"-hating attendant, Chaps.

I'm seeing this--->

Ha Ha I cant believe this thread is alive.Yours truly from the future of rockclimbing PORTUGAL

But I'm "hearing" this:

6vaz9b_j9FM

Ha Ha! Bet you're clipping bolts in the sunshine too. [Curse]May Raindawg move into your basement and like a screeching Harpie continue with these incessant rants and caterwauling which we have to endure.[/curse]

:lmao:

Happy climbing:-) :wave:

• 1 year later...