The sad f#$%ing truth

Peter_Puget

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the whining about the "cc culture", certain posters seem to confuse Spray, which was designed to corral recreational insulting from the rest of the site. Any time you wanna stop posting in or reading spray and limit yourself to the rest of the site, you'll find that this is still an active, rich climbing website and a great place to hook up with stellar partners and new friends.

I.e, STFU, whiny bitches.

Are you seriously arguing that the pointless put downs and personal attack that characterize cc.com to a large extent take place only in spray?

I am on an almost daily basis telling my friends that if they simply overlook the sociopathic behavior of what is really a relatively small number of posters they'd find that this is an "active, rich climbing website and a great place to hook up with stellar partners and new friends" (your words). Sadly, most people just can't overlook that stuff.

CC.COM is great, but your form of "recreation" - particularly where it spills over to non-spray threads - prevents it from becoming greater. Whine on.

I have met more non-douchebag partners and drinking buddies on this site than anyother hands down. Everyone I met on other sites were absolute tool bags and i wanted to cut the rope and push them off snow creek wall.

I think climbing attracts some type-A's and this is what happens. Part of the sport. Don't like it? Pose on another site or take up badminton.

As for the whining about the "cc culture", certain posters seem to confuse Spray, which was designed to corral recreational insulting from the rest of the site. Any time you wanna stop posting in or reading spray and limit yourself to the rest of the site, you'll find that this is still an active, rich climbing website and a great place to hook up with stellar partners and new friends.

I.e, STFU, whiny bitches.

I am on an almost daily basis telling my friends that if they simply overlook the sociopathic behavior of what is really a relatively small number of posters they'd find that this is an "active, rich climbing website and a great place to hook up with stellar partners and new friends" (your words) but, sadly, most people just can't overlook that stuff.

CC.Com is great, but your form of "recreation" prevents it from becoming greater.

Um...fuck you. When was the last time you posted a trip report, pal? How are you adding to the rich content of this site, exactly, these days? And I don't spray outside of spray. Nor does anyone else, as far as I can tell, at least not after some bitch slapping by the mods some months ago. The rest of the site seems pretty damn friendly. And hey, there's always NWHikers.

You're just personally down on the Spray thing, but you can't stop indulging in it, which is, frankly, your problem, not ours.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

dude you don't know WTF you're talking about. those badminton sites are brutal! you have no idea what you're in for.

although i will say, i haven't met many folks from cc.com that were what expected based on their posts. and i've met a few good climbingdrinking parnters here.

Edited by minx

dude you don't know WTF you're talking about. those badminton sites are brutal! you have no idea what you're in for.

although i will say, i haven't met many folks from cc.com that were what expected based on their posts. and i've met a few good climbing parnters here.

I was the asshole you thought I was. Right babe? :wave:

Um fuck you too. I rarely intervene in your amusing yourself here. The fact that you can't take my statement without going to the "fuck you place" speaks volumes, dude.

(And, I'll say, I have been unable to climb anything worthy of a trip report for six months due to serious back pain caused by a degenerative arthritis condition aggravated by spending too much time at work. Just because you have time and money and health to do nothing but climb doesn't make you into jesus christ. Meanwhile, I contribute to the site as much as anybody, organizing work parties, social events, and trying to add constructive comment and real information where I have somethign to contribute.)

Carry on.

Um fuck you too. I rarely intervene in your amusing yourself here. The fact that you can't take my statement without going to the "fuck you place" speaks volumes, dude.

You got an appropriate FU because a) you made it personal and b) you insinuated that "my form of recreation" took place outside of spray, i.e., I don't keep it in the playpen. I do, plus I add a fair bit of climbing content to the site, which seems to be well received from the comments I get, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, thanks.

As a friend of mine said when I asked him if he ran with any of these guys on internet.No , he said,Everybody there is so sad.Running with any of them would just bring me down.

I don't know where this was coming from, although I do suspect that it might have been a thread like this wherein the previous 29 posts had people saying fuck you back and forth like 4 year olds who've learned new words to each other.

:lmao:

Does "Fuck U" mean "Hail fellow well met" in Italian or something?