Worst Present this christmas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 bottles of single-malt scotch.

It would be a GREAT present for a Scotch drinker, but to me, Scotch tastes like you should be cleaning the floor with it. I want to like it, but I don't.

I don't know if it has to do with one's palate(or lack thereof), but there are definitely some alcohols that you either love or want to put in the cleaning closet. I feel that way about gin. Might as well have a glass of Pine-sol as far as my taste for it goes. Blech.

3 bottles of single-malt scotch.

It would be a GREAT present for a Scotch drinker, but to me, Scotch tastes like you should be cleaning the floor with it. I want to like it, but I don't.

I don't know if it has to do with one's palate(or lack thereof), but there are definitely some alcohols that you either love or want to put in the cleaning closet. I feel that way about gin. Might as well have a glass of Pine-sol as far as my taste for it goes. Blech.

THANKYOUVERYMUCH.

Now WHO'S got WHAT to TRADE for 3 little bottles (200 ml each) one of Talisker 10, one of Caol Ila 12, and one of Lagavilun 16?

Didn't actually get any horrendously bad gifts this year. THe usual bad gifters have stopped sending me crap :) Though I do have a set of tent stake Ligers waiting for a white elephant that's coming up :)

OOOH, and someone got me a couple of Reidel Single Malt Glasses for drinking whisky from :tup: Thanks for the suggestion KKK.

Next to Laphroaig and Ardbeg the Scotch you recieved are some of the "peatiest" of all scotches. You might see if you can trade them in for some highland scotches that are a lot less peaty than the island/coastal varieties. Glenfinich, Glenlivet and Macallan would be good bets based on your staed preference.

That sucks, Muff, but don't fear that life is over or anything like that. I've had a long term arthritis thing that is likely ankalosing spondulitis though I have not been diagnosed. You can live with stuff like this and in fact many active people do.

thats the plan. I have a great doc whos son is one of the realy active climbers at my gym. He gets that i need my life back and he has the same goals for me that i have. i have a LOT of hope.

Sometimes the worse part of an illness or set of symptoms is feeling like you are totally in the dark about what is going on with your own body...let alone how to begin to heal it.

Now that you know what it is, you can kick it's ass! :battlecage:

We're pulling for you, Muffy! :tup:

We're pulling for you, Muffy! :tup:

We're pulling Muffy, 'cause she's one of our own and she's been a lotta fun around here. But really, we're pulling for all of us. Draw a couple of chairs together at a cc.com rope up and start talking about our health issues and we're all on the same team in short order.

so true Mat, we all have something to face.

Thank you Sherri. I really feel like i need to keep a posative attitude. it is really easy to get angry and give up. it is way too easy to just sit down and stop fighting the good fight. I need as many people on my team as i can get. i need reminders as to why i keep miving. I am still terrified... but i am also relived. the beast has a name so it can be conqured.