Hypocrisy

kevbone

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What really chaps my hide is these “pro lifers” out there who also support the war……

“I don’t believe in killing unborn babies”…..”but its ok for our already born adults to die in war”…..what a crock of crap.

Of course it would seem the reverse is also true...It's OK to kill innocent babies before there born, but after that, life is sacred - be it terrorist, criminal, etc.

What really chaps my hide is these “pro lifers” out there who also support the war……

“I don’t believe in killing unborn babies”…..”but its ok for our already born adults to die in war”…..what a crock of crap.

Of course it would seem the reverse is also true...It's OK to kill innocent babies before there born, but after that, life is sacred - be it terrorist, criminal, etc.

I really hate it when you speak with someone and they say they voted republican because they share the “family values” that they believe in. It makes it seem like Dems don’t go to church or believe in family first.

Republicans have the hold on “family values”……it makes me sick. Does that same person who voted republican know….its because of the republicans that over 500,000 thousand innocent people have died in Iraq simply because they voted republican?

Hypocrisy I tell you.

I really hate it when you speak with someone and they say they voted republican because they share the “family values” that they believe in. It makes it seem like Dems don’t go to church or believe in family first.

Republicans have the hold on “family values”……it makes me sick. Does that same person who voted republican know….its because of the republicans that over 500,000 thousand innocent people have died in Iraq simply because they voted republican?

Hypocrisy I tell you.

Yes...the war in Iraq is a purely republican invention

BnceSIxxOYg

Bone...please watch this video, and then explain to me how despite what's here, how it is rational/logical to continue to contend that republicans are solely to blame for going to war in Iraq

Remember, Bush believed Jesus was guiding him...and a lot of people voted for him becuase of his commitment to Jesus the Christ.

I never knew Jesus was for war during the reelection.

Stefan, have you been asleep since before Bush I?

"American Jesus"

i don't need to be a global citizen

because i'm blessed by nationality

i'm member of a growing populace

we enforce our popularity

there are things that

seem to pull us under

and there are things

that drag us down

but there's a power

and a vital presence

thats lurking all around

we've got the american Jesus

see him on the interstate

he helped build the

president's estate

i feel sorry

for the earth's population

'cuz so few

live in the U.S.A.

at least the foreigners

can copy our morality

they can visit but they cannot stay

only precious few

can garner the prosperity

it makes us walk

with renewed confidence

we've got a place to go when we die

and the architect resides right here

overwhelming millions every day

(exercising his authority)

he's the farmers barren fields

the force the army wields

the expession in the faces

of the starving children

the power of the man

he's the fuel that drives the clan

he's the motive and conscience

of the murderer

he's the preacher on t.v.

the false sincerity

the form letter that's written

by the big computers

he's the nuclear bombs

and the kids with no moms

and i'm fearful that

he's inside me

Yes...the war in Iraq is a purely republican invention

BnceSIxxOYg

Bone...please watch this video, and then explain to me how despite what's here, how it is rational/logical to continue to contend that republicans are solely to blame for going to war in Iraq

Eric….there is no video.

But I have to say…..the buck must stop somewhere……how about with the “Commander and Chief”?

If Bush wanted the occupation to stop…..it would……end of story. Last I looked he was a republican….

I know the Dems are to blame for keeping it going. Bunch of spineless beyotches…..

It's only a crock of crap to those, like you, who don't understand the concept. It revolves around the notion of "murder" which can be defined as an "unjust death".

(The famous commandment, "thou shall not kill" is best translated as "thou shall not murder"...the Bible is full of wars and "killing", but murder is condemned.)

So, in the case of abortion, killing an unborn child can be considered murder: the unjust and intentional taking of an innocent life. From the same perspective, it's not contradictory to be anti-abortion and pro-death penalty.

Dying in the defense of justice or self-defense (which can be debated in many wars) is a separate issue and not a contradiction to the above, unless you first argue that the particular war is unjust (and there are plenty of people who would both agree and disagree in the case of most any given war.) It is indeed sad that many innocents/non-combatants die unintentionally in the course of war and one would hope that those responsible would regret and mourn such losses. Contrast that to the suicide/homicide bombers who walk into a supermarket and intentionally murder whoever happens to be standing around.

Speaking of abortion, here's a perspective for you: some might argue that abortion (with some exceptions: e.g. incest, rape) merely protects a woman's (and a man's) "right" to have irresponsible sex. You want to be "pro-choice"? You DO have a choice: if you don't want to have an abortion and terminate the life of your growing child, than you can choose not to engage in procreative behaviors (e.g., instead, you can use birth control, abstain, etc. etc. etc.) It involves the "radical" concept of taking responsibility for one's behavior. Men also bear responsibility for this as well and if a pregnancy occurs, they're both responsible.

And just a tiny note of an ugly reality:

Most forms of birth control are not 100%. So please don't jump to the conclusion that every unplanned pregnancy is a direct result of irresponsible behavior. (And please don't say that is a justification for abortion blah blah blah--I am only pointing out that accidents do happen-even to responsible adults).

it also appears inconsistent to be anti-abortion and anti-welfare, another classic conservative conundrum - why demand people have their unwanted babies when they are very likely going to be unable or unwilling to properly care for them, resulting in more chaos for the state as it has to provide services for them, including jailing them for life when their resulting existential angst makes them sociopaths?

or how about proclaiming to the world that we're for the expansion of democracy (at the price of collataral death and damage to millions) while refusing to recognize the result of democratic elections in palestine or sever our cozy-connections to military dictators in pakistan?

Giving something lip service like Clinton did on Iraq is pretty far from acting on it. Like the lying us into an illegal invasion.

I don't really like Clinton, he's a closet conservative, or more like, a corporatist. Also we were bombing Iraq during his term. It's all due to pressure from AIPAC, Israel, neocons et al, the Clinton's are beholden to them, just like about everyone at the national level nowadays.

love the fetus, hate the child

abortion went down during the Clinton years because like guns abortion is not caused by abortion doctors and policies, it's caused by the need for it which is usually poverty. Poverty went down under Clinton and so did abortion.

under dumbya poverty is up and abortion has stopped going down and likely to climb again.

Abortion is just a wedge issue, it rallies the conservative base. The corporate repugs are never going to do anything about abortion because a bunch of one issue voters would stop voting for them. They hold their noses to all the other crap the repugs pull and vote because of the abortion stance.

for the last 6 years or so the repugs have held all three branches of power, they've done absolutely nothing consequential to overturn roe-v-wade.

Lack of abortion raises the crime rates also, because abortions usually are for unwanted children. Unwanted children more often grow up to be criminals. There's too many children already on the planet, why do you want to bring unwanted ones into it?

The repugs have always been against children, just look at the current health care coverage for children initiative that dumbya is threatening to veto. And no-child-left-behind is underfunded by the millions.

or how about proclaiming to the world that we're for the expansion of democracy (at the price of collataral death and damage to millions) while refusing to recognize the result of democratic elections in palestine or sever our cozy-connections to military dictators in pakistan?

Hypocrisy at its best……

Hypocrisy at its best

which, again, i aint' exactly against - it's classically american - we were the nation that famously founded itself by declaring that all were free and equal when in fact less than a quarter of the population were so.

at least we're being consistent? :)