Hypocrisy

kevbone

if you don't want to have an abortion and terminate the life of your growing child, than you can choose not to engage in procreative behaviors...

So true, and logical to boot.

As an aside;

I was going to "avoid procreative behaviors" by asking kevbone out for a date.

But then, some guy from some church told me that "God hates fags!" so I plucked out my eye and chopped off my member in order to get myself right with bejeebus.

Now I go round tapping my feet in restrooms, shooting doctors, and while out on mountain rescues I scream phrases to accident victims like "You do you accept bejeebus as your personal lord an savior right?" All this while wearing a condom on my stump!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you don't want to have an abortion and terminate the life of your growing child, than you can choose not to engage in procreative behaviors...

If you don’t want to have an abortion......than don’t. But don’t legislate that the rest of us cant……

And just a tiny note of an ugly reality:

Most forms of birth control are not 100%. So please don't jump to the conclusion that every unplanned pregnancy is a direct result of irresponsible behavior. (And please don't say that is a justification for abortion blah blah blah--I am only pointing out that accidents do happen-even to responsible adults).

Regardless....you play the game, you accept the risks and consequences.

You have sex, you might conceive. You go climbing, you might get hit with a rock, etc.

By the way, holding conflicting beliefs simultaneously does not make you a hypocrite. It just makes you human. Expecting people to be able to be perfectly consistent--especially when it comes to values that are sometimes the result of emotional response or internal "knowing"--is unrealistic. It is also unreasonable to be such a harsh judge of people just because they can't justify to you their own beliefs and the inconsistencies those beliefs may hold. Don't we all, at least at some point in our lives, grapple with thinking or believing two different things at once? And don't we all, at some time, find it hard to put into words what we just know in our hearts?

And haven't we all done something that is actually true hypocrisy? I don't know about you, but I have stated a belief in one thing, yet acted differently--thus making myself a hypocrite. Fortunately, it also makes me less willing to judge others who are just muddling through the same as I am and trying to figure it out as we go. Unfortunately, it doesn't make me any less of an asshole. But hey, I'm working on it. And my guess is, so are you.

If you don’t want to have an abortion......than don’t. But don’t legislate that the rest of us cant……

Hey 'bone...I didn't know you were capable of having an abortion.

Hiding something from us?

As a matter of fact, there are numerous laws forbidding murder.

You might also clarify your statement by saying: "but don't legislate that the "rest of us" can't murder our unborn childen."

Most forms of birth control are not 100%. So please don't jump to the conclusion that every unplanned pregnancy is a direct result of irresponsible behavior. (And please don't say that is a justification for abortion blah blah blah--I am only pointing out that accidents do happen-even to responsible adults).

You have sex, you might conceive.

Actually, this only applies to 50% of people who "play the game". And sure, men are "responsible" for their half. They just have a much smaller price to pay for it-that I assure you.

By the way, holding conflicting beliefs simultaneously does not make you a hypocrite. It just makes you human. Expecting people to be able to be perfectly consistent--especially when it comes to values that are sometimes the result of emotional response or internal "knowing"--is unrealistic. It is also unreasonable to be such a harsh judge of people just because they can't justify to you their own beliefs and the inconsistencies those beliefs may hold. Don't we all, at least at some point in our lives, grapple with thinking or believing two different things at once? And don't we all, at some time, find it hard to put into words what we just know in our hearts?

And haven't we all done something that is actually true hypocrisy? I don't know about you, but I have stated a belief in one thing, yet acted differently--thus making myself a hypocrite. Fortunately, it also makes me less willing to judge others who are just muddling through the same as I am and trying to figure it out as we go. Unfortunately, it doesn't make me any less of an asshole. But hey, I'm working on it. And my guess is, so are you.

Amen, sister! :tup:

And I also think the term "hypocrisy" is thrown about a bit too much - period. Really, the term people mean is "inconsistency" but use "hypocrisy" because of its negative connotations (more effective in ad hominem attacks), as well as thoughtlessness and propensity to widespread overuse.

like adopting the "rightwing talk radio" model ala "Air America"?

How silly, trite, shallow and pathetic..

Uh….are you saying the “other” views out there suit you better? Do you listen to that complete psycho Michael Savage? That guy really needs to STFU!

Lets just say I agree with the interpretation of Air America more than that of the “other” side.

And haven't we all done something that is actually true hypocrisy? I don't know about you, but I have stated a belief in one thing, yet acted differently--thus making myself a hypocrite. Fortunately, it also makes me less willing to judge others who are just muddling through the same as I am and trying to figure it out as we go. Unfortunately, it doesn't make me any less of an assh*le. But hey, I'm working on it. And my guess is, so are you.

Your perspective is nicely-stated. The hypocritic behavior of the messenger shouldn't automatically dismiss the message. For example, I find nothing wrong with a raging alcoholic or drug-addict discouraging others from drinking, etc. or otherwise repeating mistakes.

You have sex, you might conceive. You go climbing, you might get hit with a rock, etc.

the difference is - you play the game, an innocent person ends up getting fawked as a result - that is, in having stupid sex, you create a child who then is unloved and unwanted - they pay the price, not you - more like me climbing rocks and sending a resulting boulder down ontop of some poor schmoo's head

Actually, this only applies to 50% of people who "play the game". And sure, men are "responsible" for their half. They just have a much smaller price to pay for it-that I assure you.

That's a fact of biology but the equation doesn't change just because the terms are inequitable. The other 50% should own up to their responsibilities and pay the suitable consequences...at least 18 years worth in this society.

And haven't we all done something that is actually true hypocrisy? I don't know about you, but I have stated a belief in one thing, yet acted differently--thus making myself a hypocrite. Fortunately, it also makes me less willing to judge others who are just muddling through the same as I am and trying to figure it out as we go. Unfortunately, it doesn't make me any less of an assh*le. But hey, I'm working on it. And my guess is, so are you.

Your perspective is nicely-stated. The hypocritic behavior of the messenger shouldn't automatically dismiss the message. For example, I find nothing wrong with a raging alcoholic or drug-addict discouraging others from drinking, etc. or otherwise repeating mistakes.

Good example!

Although I am basically in the "pro-choice" category for the time being, I have to agree with RDog, lets just call it what it is "killing babies". Maybe this would express the consequences a little bit clearer.

Some other hypocrisies:

We kill convicts, often due to their in ability to pay for an adequate legal defense - yet claim to call it "justice".

We let kids die because their parents won't work 2 or 3 jobs just to pay for bullshit health insurance which ironically only covers a fraction of the medical costs.

I could think of maybe 1 or 2 more so don't dare me...

That's a fact of biology but the equation doesn't change just because the terms are inequitable. The other 50% should own up to their responsibilities and pay the suitable consequences...at least 18 years worth in this society.

but they don't live up to their consequences and their kids end up suffering the consequences

George H.W. Bush is to Dennis Kucinich

as

Ross Perot is to John Kerry

i see nobody has had the guts to refute this yet. all you whiners who said Bush stole it from Gore in 2000 should be a little less hypocritical and admit that Kerry stole it from Kucinich in 2004. liberal :pagetop:

You gots it all wrong.... Bush stole it from McCain in 2000.

Hypocrisy is actually a pretty good, and underrated, if you ask me. I took my wife to see them open for Cannibal Corpse, on our third date.

Oh, wait, are you guys talking about, like, being against the war and then voting for it? Sorry. I think I got this confused with the 'Fight Music' thread.

Yeah, but that base player who always does that strange little dance drives me crazy. He always starts with wiggling the one arm, then the second, then his legs, and before you know it, he's bopping around in place. Then, thankfully, he stops. But then the arms starts up again. Makes me nuts.

kevbone said

Uh…are you saying the other views out there suit you better? Do you listen to that complete psycho Michael Savage? That guy really needs to STFU!

Lets just say I agree with the interpretation of Air America more than that of the other side.

Kevbone, you must admit, its painful to listen to pseudo-lefties trying to reduce their points to loud and crudely expressed sound bites the way they do with mastery on RWing talk radio. A left wing version of Limbaugh or Savage is oxymoronic at best.

This ignores the stigma that goes with being a single mother, especially if young. It also ignores the young women who get booted from their parents homes when their folks find out. It ignores that often a girl's options suddenly get severly limited when she finds herself pregnant. Her chances of going to college, getting a good paying job, experiencing normal social development, etc etc drop precipitously. Some guy paying $400/month for 18 years hardly equals these situations.

or how about proclaiming to the world that we're for the expansion of democracy (at the price of collataral death and damage to millions) while refusing to recognize the result of democratic elections in palestine or sever our cozy-connections to military dictators in pakistan?

Hypocrisy at its best……

I am confused, didn't these things exist when Clinton was president?? (i.e Pakistan, Palestine)

WWII one bombing raid into Germany 80K civilians died, In one raid. Was this wrong???

Edited by Seahawks

And before it gets mentioned, the adoption thing is great. But it also assumes that females are merely incubators and can give up their babies. I'm not sure how people who get all riled up and can't even give up someone else's baby could tell a birth mother to give up hers with such ease. Not only that, she wouldn't then "pay the consequences" that ya'll mentioned that some gal who dares engage in sex should rightly have to pay.