Rope Up 2007

olyclimber

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's hard to believe this winter I will have been posting for 7 years. :crosseye:

Member #: 107

Title: king of spray

Total Posts: 7544

Registered on: Wed Nov 08 2000 12:00 PM

:noway:

I guess I try and keep it to 3 posts a day....every day.

Edited by Feck

i haven't been keeping up on anything that is going on here cus well work is all consuming at the moment. but everyone is required to have one beer for me at the rope up cus i can't make it. and everyone who sees billygoat is required to kiss him for me.

oh and:

sk

Member #: 1915

Title: gaper on board

Total Posts: 1722

Registered on: 04/12/02 12:00 PM

I can not believe i have been posting here for more than 5 years. :o

Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

For entertainment, Porter has arranged at least one slide show for Saturday night.

In the past, we've had organized crag clean ups, I and others have taken beginners for an introduction to "real" climbing, and I thing twice we had some clinics presented by local guides or climbing shops. We've also had night climbing as a planned component, and we've had the Forest Service people come give us an update on climbing in the area from their perspective.

I thought it was pretty cool the year that Beck put an announcement in the Seattle Times that a local gym was going to be running top ropes at Bruce's Boulder and some complete strangers who had never climbed before came over and camped with us. I know some may be uncomfortable with anything that smacks of a "commercial" event, but in my opinion these kinds of things add interest and draw people who you'd otherwise not be able to meet.

Any ideas?

Another "Beckfest"?

I am not apposed to it but prefer the small disorganized, keg-standing antics of the dregs of society.

Pull up that thread. As I remember, there was a lot of negative response and Beck was tarred and feathered and thrown off the top of Snow creek wall.