Rope Up 2007

olyclimber

Ropeup is going to be October 12, 13, and 14 at the Eight Mile Group Site. I'm unable to reserve the campground, so we may need to be flexible (i.e. move up the creek to the next campground) unless we can get some CC.comers up there early to squat at the campsite.

Further details will be coming, but the party is coming to the Icicle once again. :rawk::brew:

Ropeup2007.jpg

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If weather's good, I may be heading up on Thursday(11th)-- could I register for the site at that time without actually staying in it(ie--do they need it to be "occupied", or just paid for in person?)

Which site are we after(same one as last year?)

Maybe try the Bridge Creek group site (where Rockfest is held)?
Thanks for the idea Figger. However, the issue is that I can't reserve it because they stop taking reservations on Oct. 7th for all the sites in the Icicle(and of course they are booked up for the rest of the year). However, this is exactly how we did it last year, and I'm sure we'll be able to get the 8-Mile group site, and Sherri has even volunteered to help us grab the site early.

I'll bring a large tarp.

Anyone interested in breakfast burritos?

Are there volunteers to bring a stove (I'll bring a 2 burner propane), large frying pan (I'll bring 1 large one), chopping boards, knife, clean hands, olive oil, eggs, sausage, bacon, onion, peppers, sprouts, salsa, cheese, paper plates, butter, soft shells, refries, anything else we need for burritos.

And coffee. We will need a lot of coffee. Coffee pot

I'll bring a large tarp.

Anyone interested in breakfast burritos?

Are there volunteers to bring a stove (I'll bring a 2 burner propane), large frying pan (I'll bring 1 large one), chopping boards, knife, clean hands, olive oil, eggs, sausage, bacon, onion, peppers, sprouts, salsa, cheese, paper plates, butter, soft shells, refries, anything else we need for burritos.

And coffee. We will need a lot of coffee. Coffee pot

Your willing to go climbing post breakfast burrito :noway: You do like to live dangerously don't you :tup:

Some good news, the campground and facilities (tirlit and running water) will be open just like they were last year, and we WON'T need to be out of there by a certain hour on Sunday like last year.

We'll need to pay for the campsite, but I'll get that taken care of. I still can't reserve the campsite "officially", but it is pretty much a lock as I've talked with the guys running the 8-mile campground this year and the remembered us from last year.

I can get some wood from the locals. Just some, not all.

I will also be presenting another video titled, "compositions". Bring a pillow.

Ewolfe always has his...that's why we affectionately call him the pillow-biter...natch!! oh snap...

We need someone to help out (or everyone to bring a little) by bringing dry firewood so we can have a roaring fire both nights.

I can pitch in. Got some big ol' gnarly hunks of maple too mean to be split into respectable-type firewood for the woodstove...sounds like just the thing to lob onto the cc.com bonfire. :tup: