Rope Up 2007

olyclimber

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be leaving Issaquah around 130 Friday if anybody wants a ride. Depending on how long the drive takes, maybe even a couple pitches on Friday afternoon/evening.

why do you mock me?

Hopefully you are kidding. If not, here is why I posted similar to yours, I too am leaving from Issaquah Fri 1:30. I will go I90 over and 2 back so I can stop at the Grocery Outlet in Monroe and stock up on cheep eats. Then I will drop my frozen goods off at my apt in Redmond. If someone from Issaquah is riding along, I would return them after stopping to unload my frozen items.

Do you need to see my grocery list?

Oops. Didn't mean to mock you......

I'll be leaving Issaquah around 130 Friday if anybody wants a ride. Depending on how long the drive takes, maybe even a couple pitches on Friday afternoon/evening.

why do you mock me?

Hopefully you are kidding. If not, here is why I posted similar to yours, I too am leaving from Issaquah Fri 1:30. I will go I90 over and 2 back so I can stop at the Grocery Outlet in Monroe and stock up on cheep eats. Then I will drop my frozen goods off at my apt in Redmond. If someone from Issaquah is riding along, I would return them after stopping to unload my frozen items.

You can learn a lot about a person by looking at their grocery list. Before I get into a car with a complete stranger, perhaps it wouldn't be such bad idea. If it was a committing alpine climb being discussed, I'd be more interested in a climbing resume, but given the nature of the weekend, a grocery list is probably at least as, if not more relevant.

You can learn a lot about a person by looking at their grocery list. Before I get into a car with a complete stranger, perhaps it wouldn't be such bad idea. If it was a committing alpine climb being discussed, I'd be more interested in a climbing resume, but given the nature of the weekend, a grocery list is probably at least as, if not more relevant.

At the bookstore in Leavenworth, they sell a book that is basically a collection of grocery lists that someone found over the years. As I thumbed through it, it was fascinating how a couple scrawls and scribbles on the back of a crumpled receipt can reveal so much about the human psyche. The author's side remarks about the lists are hilarious. Like the list that had questions marks after each item, the guy was like, "WTF, if you don't know that you want ANY of this, WHY did you bother putting it on the list?!"

Milk, Eggs, Vodka. Check it out for a good laugh.

why do you mock me?

1 case of coolwhip in the aerosol cans.

I can't speak for the others, but I'd like to see your grocery list.

Glucosamine, stool softener, and Preparation H. I can't decide between the wipes, the paste, or the suppositories.

What do you think?

I'm thinking we're sorry we asked. :sick:

I can't speak for the others, but I'd like to see your grocery list.

Glucosamine, stool softener, and Preparation H. I can't decide between the wipes, the paste, or the suppositories.

What do you think?

I've got some stool softener left over from knee surgery that you are welcome to, so scratch that off your list

I'll be headed up to Ropeup (Group camp at eight mile) tomorrow, leaving between 2-3 or so with Jeff Hansel. If you get there before I do, if the campground host asks, let them I know I'm bringing a check up to pay for the camping fee. I'm heading up with a keg of hefe and a keg of IPA. Bring a cup! We can start in on it Friday night.

New info:

I'm going to stop by Costco and buy some sausages and buns and other fixing for eating on Saturday night, so we'll feed ya.

Also! We're going to have a gear raffle. You just need to show up and put your name on a ticket (tickets are free). This will be Saturday night during the slideshow. We'll give away a pack or two and some other stuff.

REMEMBER: Bring some firewood for the campfire!

So come up and see your spray brethren and sisteren, quaff some ale, check out some cool slides, eat some sausage, and win some gear. Oh yeah, and climb whilst I mope around camp with my broken bones. Celebrate teh Ropeup.

Ropeup2007B1.jpg