Cereal Preference

carolyn

Well, I think Im going to be living off of cereal here for the next week or two. As my tummy is rumbling this morning, Im debating on which kind to buy...

Captain Crunch rules, but is painful to eat.

Fruity Pebbles - might get some good fruit nutrients in there.

Corn Flakes - Too boring.

Life - might be a good choice

Hmmmmmmm :confused:

Whats your choice?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I think Im going to be living off of cereal here for the next week or two. As my tummy is rumbling this morning, Im debating on which kind to buy...

Captain Crunch rules, but is painful to eat.

Fruity Pebbles - might get some good fruit nutrients in there.

Corn Flakes - Too boring.

Life - might be a good choice

Hmmmmmmm :confused:

Whats your choice?

I've been requested at our house not to buy Lucky charms any more as the 3 year old only eats the marshmallows. So I will be no luck as we are stuck with Honey Cheerios. Yuck.

My quest for the perfect cereal choice started out a little sketchy on the approach, as I almost fell on my ass walking down the driveway. Its possible I wasnt dressed quite as well as I should have been for the approach, as my nose felt like it was close to being frostbit as I got closer to my objective.

I have an easy time being distracted, so I was quite impressed with my ability to pass on the smell of coffee, the sights of donuts, bagels, pizza, etc and head straight for the cereal isle. Oh how much easier it would be to just grab a cinnamon roll!!!!

As I followed the route down the cereal isle, I found something spectacular - a prize to feed nearly every bit of hunger I felt. An assortment of cereals in individual boxes! I was about to attain more than I ever expected - Lucky Charms, Honey Nut Cheerios, Fruity Pebbles, Golden Grahams, Frosted Flakes, and it goes on!

Now the crux of the quest came when a little voice inside my head said, "Risks are okay, but try to play safe". So, I decided to get some good ol fashion granola as well. The difficulty came when someone else decided they wanted the first ascent. There they stood, blocking my way - shopping cart and all. I was hoping she would let me pass, but no luck. I tried to pass without permission, but was given the shoulder and nearly suffered a severe bruise from her shopping cart. I eventually got up the courage once again to make a quick dash for the box we were both eyeing and retreated quickly.

The decent was fairly uneventful, other than the crowd in front of me which slowed things down a bit.

Gear/Route Notes: warm jacket, hat, gloves, scarf, sticky shoes, credit card, and determination.

There's one at Trader Joes called "Optimum Power" Flax or something like that. Bland blue box. It has flax and a few blueberries. Twigs, flakes and blueberries. It sure looks like it's healthy, but it tastes great.

Oh look at that.... 5 stars on amazon!

Fruity Cheerios are on sale at QFC right now!

Edited by philfort

My quest for the perfect cereal choice started out a little sketchy on the approach, as I almost fell on my ass walking down the driveway. Its possible I wasnt dressed quite as well as I should have been for the approach, as my nose felt like it was close to being frostbit as I got closer to my objective.

I have an easy time being distracted, so I was quite impressed with my ability to pass on the smell of coffee, the sights of donuts, bagels, pizza, etc and head straight for the cereal isle. Oh how much easier it would be to just grab a cinnamon roll!!!!

As I followed the route down the cereal isle, I found something spectacular - a prize to feed nearly every bit of hunger I felt. An assortment of cereals in individual boxes! I was about to attain more than I ever expected - Lucky Charms, Honey Nut Cheerios, Fruity Pebbles, Golden Grahams, Frosted Flakes, and it goes on!

Now the crux of the quest came when a little voice inside my head said, "Risks are okay, but try to play safe". So, I decided to get some good ol fashion granola as well. The difficulty came when someone else decided they wanted the first ascent. There they stood, blocking my way - shopping cart and all. I was hoping she would let me pass, but no luck. I tried to pass without permission, but was given the shoulder and nearly suffered a severe bruise from her shopping cart. I eventually got up the courage once again to make a quick dash for the box we were both eyeing and retreated quickly.

The decent was fairly uneventful, other than the crowd in front of me which slowed things down a bit.

Gear/Route Notes: warm jacket, hat, gloves, scarf, sticky shoes, credit card, and determination.

Hardcore all the way, baby! Way to go for it!

I was sitting up at night

I was feeling so uptight

I was just fucking around

There was something dragging me down

Thinking of a bite to eat

Thought this would be really neat

Cheerios are stale that's beat

But Captain Crunch is fun to eat

Captain Crunch, Captan Crunch

He's inviting you to munch

Captain Crunch, Captain Crunch

Munch a bunch a munch a munch

Fuck my brain

Scoffing down this yellow wheat

Is making me feel kind of beat

My head is spinning round and round

Now my teeth are turning brown

My face is starting to come apart

From this overdose of starch

I really wish mom wasn't here

I'll have another box of beer

He's inviting you to munch

Munch a bunch a munch a munch

There is really only one cereal, Kellogg's Raisin Bran. This was originally discovered on one of Cap'n Crunch's voyages to "Cereal Isle" and subsequently imported by air via Toucan Sam. Others have been instrumental in its journey to national prominence, as well. The creation of the "Cereal Aisle" and marketing of imitation products based on related characters has really diluted the market and confused many as to what "cereal" really is. Strive for the truth.

There is really only one cereal, Kellogg's Raisin Bran. This was originally discovered on one of Cap'n Crunch's voyages to "Cereal Isle" and subsequently imported by air via Toucan Sam. Others have been instrumental in its journey to national prominence, as well. The creation of the "Cereal Aisle" and marketing of imitation products based on related characters has really diluted the market and confused many as to what "cereal" really is. Strive for the truth.

Could you please reference your sources?

I like "Quarry" because it's CRUNCHY!

Jingle: "This world's a-changing faster than a teardrop turns to laughter

But some things never change, and they're the things that really matter.

Like weather vanes and country lanes, where crickets chirp at night

And breakfast in the early morning starts your day off right."

[ cut to interior farmhouse kitchen table, breakfast time ]

Farmwife: Out here on the farm, breakfast is our most important meal. That's why we start each day the natural way. With a big brimming bowl.. of Quarry. [ shows product ]

[ family members pour the rocks from the box into their bowls ]

Farmwife: Quarry contains no preservatives, no additives, no artificial flavoring. And it's made without the use of pesticides or inorganic fertilizer. Because Quarry isn't grown; it's mined. It's the only cereal that's pure 100% rocks and pebbles, for a hearty old-fashioned flavor the whole family will enjoy.

[ flash cuts of family "chewing" on the rocks in their bowls ]

Son: Great, Mom!

Farmer: This is really good.

Daughter: Delicious!

Farmwife: And it's good for them. Because every serving is chockful of minerals.

Daughter: I like Quarry 'cause it's crunchy.

Farmwife: What?

Daughter: [ louder ] I said, I like Quarry 'cause it's crunchy!

Farmwife: So, if breakfast is important to you, try Quarry.

Jingle: "Like swimmin' holes and brimmin' bowls

of cereal made from stone.

Announcer: Quarry. Better tasting 'cause it's mined.