Sherpa Peak North Ridge

John Frieh

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are snow conditions out there on North Faces now? Is it still powder over breakable crust over powder? I'm hoping to try something on Saturday. Maybe this warm weather will consolidate it enough for stuff to come in.

Nope, the crust is on top. It won't hold your body weight and the snow is deep beneath it. Find a runnel.

[This goes for west-side north faces up to 7k.]

Hey Ericb! You almost sound like you are from colorado or something :grlaf:

Hey Jens! In what month did Colin and Mark do the complete N Ridge of Stuart? Since when did freeze/thaw cycles have anything to do with climbing rock in winter? What is the avy for this weekend suppose to be? The forecast sure sounds like it has been freeze/thaw all week... wouldn't you agree?

It almost sounds like you guys are trying to keep people from going climbing... then again I could be wrong :grlaf:

See you in the hills you little bitches! :wazup:

Hey... has the east face of lexington seen a winter ascent yet?

we just need some software so that every time john goes overboard on the smiley face icons, use of the words Kids, d00d, turds, or little bitches, it wont let him submit his post. :blush:

:laf: and any time a climbing activity is turned into an "event" complete with cute name and soundtracks, etc.

and yes john the big H sitting over the west right now can kiss my ass.

scoped out sloan W and NW face today. Lots of breakable crust over powder=slow going. Gotta ski up the FSR too. Takes a while to get back in there now. As for the face, not near as icy as the original Philfort pic. There was a 2-3 pitch fatty looking ice line, but it turned out to be aerated unprotectable snice. Snow was stable on the avy slopes at sloan however.

Bring your pickets

Edited by layton

You'll just have to wait and read about it my upcoming book eric!

selected_failures.jpg

All preorders include an autographed neutrino :grlaf: Act now supplies are limited! As you can see AlpineDave did the cover art! h0t h0t h0t! baa sickie skull

Tried for an FA on Sat but missed getting the chop by a 1/2 hour (avy). Should have took my own advice and stuck to alpine rock :crosseye::laf:

Good on everyone who got out... summit or no summit. Gotta reset for this weekend.