Disrespect and CC.com

ericb

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Power lines rock. I was listening to the news with a friend and the reporters were exclaiming what a mystery it was that this kid survived picking up a live high voltage wire.

Didn't everyone learn the difference between voltage and current in high school?

I'll bring my chainsaw for the trees.

Considering that there are tens of millions of christians out there who revel in the idea of my going to hell forever, openly discriminate against gays, and actively work to force their kooky cult down the rest of our throats at every turn, the possibility of offending them on a Spray really doesn't cause me to loose much sleep.

I feel the same way, I just phrase it a little differently. When talking about something like this with a person of faith, I can't help but say that my own faith is utterly unaffected by what anyone else says (especially in Spray). And if it were, I would spend my time and effort looking for the reason why; and spend none of my effort on being offended or bothering other people with what is a deeply personal issue.

:tup::tup::tup:

Thanks folks....I was worried that newcomers wouldn't be able to grasp what I meant by echo chamber....nice illustration

I'm deeply offended.

oh piss off...

hello!!!!

Look how funny the quote embeded within quotes looks.

Anyone wanna ride bikes?

Yeah. Let's find some nice street with downed trees and power lines.

KK is such a tool.

He could fuck up a wet dream.

:rolleyes:

Throughout this whole Hood thing, the moderators and members have been, for the most part very careful in maintaining a deserved respect for the climbers, family members, friends, and rescue personnel. Threads questioning the climbers preparedness, skills, decisions, etc. have been scrubbed of disrespect and rogue comments have been torn apart.

Why is it, then that it's seemingly OK on this site to make a mockery of these men's faith, the same faith that their grieving friends and family are no doubt clinging to during this tough time?

I see all these stupid "baby jesus" comments and peppering nonsense posts with Christianese, and then you condemn a guy for disrespecting the climber's memory by jabbering about whether or not they should have been carrying PLBs.

It should be obvious that there are many of their friends and family still trolling this site, trying to sort this out. Perhaps you guys should step outside your sophmoric little echo chamber and consider that the faith that these people are leaning on is every bit as sacred to them as the memories of their loved ones.

Dude. Are you in SAR? Truth be told. I have been in several SAR groups. One thing I have found is that they joke about the deaths. It is one way of coping with the death. It is happening right now.

Throughout this whole Hood thing, the moderators and members have been, for the most part very careful in maintaining a deserved respect for the climbers, family members, friends, and rescue personnel. Threads questioning the climbers preparedness, skills, decisions, etc. have been scrubbed of disrespect and rogue comments have been torn apart.

Why is it, then that it's seemingly OK on this site to make a mockery of these men's faith, the same faith that their grieving friends and family are no doubt clinging to during this tough time?

I see all these stupid "baby jesus" comments and peppering nonsense posts with Christianese, and then you condemn a guy for disrespecting the climber's memory by jabbering about whether or not they should have been carrying PLBs.

It should be obvious that there are many of their friends and family still trolling this site, trying to sort this out. Perhaps you guys should step outside your sophmoric little echo chamber and consider that the faith that these people are leaning on is every bit as sacred to them as the memories of their loved ones.

Dude. Are you in SAR? Truth be told. I have been in several SAR groups. One thing I have found is that they joke about the deaths. It is one way of coping with the death. It is happening right now.

ghost busters

I doubt SAR members joke about the deaths in front of the loved ones of the deceased. Or mock their beliefs.

Classless, but quickly excused by the familiar refrain, "this is spray!" I think the internet is like alcohol for some....

I doubt SAR members joke about the deaths in front of the loved ones of the deceased. Or mock their beliefs.

Classless, but quickly excused by the familiar refrain, "this is spray!" I think the internet is like alcohol for some....

they are probably offended by your name.

Damnit, i've been out all day and missed this awesome innane banter.

Ditto on it being disrespectful 2nd guessing the climbers and playing detective in 500 pages of bullshit. I would HOPE that the families wouldn't be reading online climbing forums speculating at home my loved one died!

As for the climbers, well they are dead. Better to be our low class selves than to tip-toe around their deaths. They would have wanted it this spray...er way.

Not in front of the loved ones, by I can assure you that they make up for lost time after they leave.

Stevie,

Why drag Mississippi into this??? I'm a climber from MS, and stupidity seems to have linear dispersion in the US--unless yall are talking about stupid yankees, particlar them nor'east yankees--them sum ignorant fuckers.

linear with latitude and longitude; peak is Florida