Borat Opinions and funniest movies ever

layton

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I put Dr. Strangeglove in that list?

I also can't believe I forgot Strange Brew.

Garden State? The Sandlot? What!

It's hard to draw the line b/t cheese and funny. For instance Ski Patrol, Slapshot, etc etc aren't that funny but are b/c of the cheese factor.

Add to the list: Better Off Dead, Repo Man, Eating Raol, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Big, Stir Crazy, All of Me

Most of your movies, although funny, don't even come near Borat. The brilliance is in the different levels: you've got the potty humour of bringing your shit to the dinner table in a plastic bag, and then the high brow cultural swipes, the guy at the rodeo explaing that Borat should shave his moustache to avoid looking like a terrorist, all so we can be "free" tongue.gif

How about some of your favorite quotes?

Caddyshack:

"Dr. Beeper: I thought you'd be the man to beat this year.

Ty Webb: I guess you'll just have to keep beating yourself. "

What about Bob:

"I'm sailing! I'm sailing"

Animal House:

"Bluto: See if you can guess what I am now? [puts a scoop of mashed potatoes in his mouth, chews it, smashes his cheeks with his fists, spitting it all out] I'm a ZIT! Get it?"

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels:

Lawrence Jamieson: Do you ever have a single thought that originates from above the waist?

Freddy Benson: No!

In honor of Spicoli and his excellent suggestion I've got to add Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

I'd also include Dead Alive and Bad Taste, two more early Peter Jackson outings. Sure, they're incredibly gross, but they made me laugh until vomit came out my nose.

Along that line, next Saturday is All Freakin Night! at the Olympia Film Festival. Bad horror films from Midnight until 10am, highly recommended.

How about some of your favorite quotes?

Caddyshack:

"Dr. Beeper: I thought you'd be the man to beat this year.

Ty Webb: I guess you'll just have to keep beating yourself. "

What about Bob:

"I'm sailing! I'm sailing"

Animal House:

"Bluto: See if you can guess what I am now? [puts a scoop of mashed potatoes in his mouth, chews it, smashes his cheeks with his fists, spitting it all out] I'm a ZIT! Get it?"

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels:

Lawrence Jamieson: Do you ever have a single thought that originates from above the waist?

Freddy Benson: No!

Fletch rockband.gif

My favorite line is when he introduces himself as Ted Nugent. hahaha.gif