Favorite climbs!!!!

kevbone

Ok, let’s hear everyone's opinion.

favorite single pitch gear protected climb in WA and in OR

favorite single pitch sporto climb in WA and in OR.

OR: crack - Bad Finger , gorge-smith rock

OR: sport - Heresy , smith rock ( go ahead and bitch about this)

WA: Crack - Second pitch of Davis Holland route - Index

WA: Sport - Masterpiece Theatre - Columbia River gorge

wave.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering quality of moves, quality of rock, ambience, and exposure:

WA crack: Heart of the Country P3 - Index. Thin Fingers looks like it would take the top crack spot, but I've never been on it. Hopefully next year!

WA sport: Overture - X38 (w/new direct start off the road) - X38. Spray about X38 all you want but go do this climb.

Minx Did you ever climb Trix and/or Epiphany? Kind of stupid that the route setter chose to cross the excellent Trad route (trix) with the lower bolted part of epiphany, although the last 2 bolts pulling over the big roof on Epiphany makes for a great ending to Trix.

trix is a fantastic pitch. i remember that the roof can be done w/o the bolts on epiphany? might be wrong it's been a while. it does seem like a waste to have crossed the route like that. leads to a bit of cluster at times.

i remember being terrified on the upper part of geophysical. still a fun climb. then again, that's about as hard as i ever lead so it's probalby pretty easy and fun for a better climber.

Hmmm:

Oregon Crack: I don't know it's real name, jokingly goes by "Supercrack of Oregon" - Trout Creek

Oregon Sport: Vomit Launch!!! at Smithie

Washington Crack: Last pitch of NW Face NEWS

Washington Sport: Infinite Bliss ( I think it's the only bolts I've climbed in WA)

Washington Crack: Last pitch of NW Face NEWS

R U talking about NW corner or West Face?

WA crack: p2 Thin Fingahs, BOC, Sloe Chillen, Toxic Shock (all at Index), WF NEWS

WA bolts: Rainy Day Women (X32), Total Soul (Darrington), Airborne Ranger (Nason Ridge), Return to the Womb (Leavenworth)

Oregon crack: Cruel Sister, Morning Star, Delerium Tremens, Zebra/Zion (smiffay). I haven't yet climbed at TC, but yeah, it looks fantastic.

Oregon bolts: Screaming Yellow Zonkers, Magic Light (Smiffay)

Idaho crack: Crack of Doom, Intruding Dike (COR)

Idaho bolts: ?

WA crack - big second vote for beacon's freeforall-dods-dastardly combo-meal - best finished by belaying off the railing on a sunday afternoon while macking on every grandma huffing her way up the trail

WA sport - last pitch of young warriors - even better if you don't clip any of the bolts - the moves are as good as sex yet require none of the awkward well-that-was-nice-maybe-i-oughta-call-you-again bullshit the morning after smile.gif

Or crack - all the gorge stuff - climbing tuff cracks makes my hands sad

OR sport - there's sport climbing in oregon?