• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Fall Ropeup Plans

Do you promise to bring at least one girl that will make out with some other girl if we accomodate your sechedule?

no Blake, i won't make out with you. but if you should bring a girl i will lick her shirt, if you would like.

I vote that will hold it whatever weekend Donny Baker wants. I want to meet this piece of work in person yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif

Donny! Bring yer Pontiac and motorbike!

For those of us new to CC.com:

I think I've got a pretty good picture (aided by actualy pictures) of what the Rope Up consists of, but what's tough love? (hopefully not the cigarette burns I recieved in childhood)

OK...now i'm leaning towards one of the later days of Sept.

Keep those suggestions piling in! I can feel the ground swell of excitement building right now about this highly intoxicating event.

actually, mine was the original. that one is updated and embelished upon by the illustrious Squid, who apparently is now too good for all of us. cry.gif

I think I've got a pretty good picture (aided by actualy pictures) of what the Rope Up consists of, but what's tough love? (hopefully not the cigarette burns I recieved in childhood)

pretty much the same unstructured debauchery thing but at the Grasslands in Smith and no slideshow nonsense. Usually there is a few varieties of donated beer (Terminal Gravity! Triple Bock! hellno3d.gifhahaha.gif) and a big fire. It's usually in mid-to-late October, and coincident scheduling with Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 9) weekend is nice. Sometimes it rains but Oregonisms don't whine about that possibility as much as Washingtonists when it comes to picking a date moon.gif

how many windshirt have you sold? that chart probably needs to be updated.

4 more today...all to hot chicks...what's your point? My model good looks brings 'em in!

pretty much the same unstructured debauchery thing but at the Grasslands in Smith and no slideshow nonsense. Usually there is a few varieties of donated beer (Terminal Gravity! Triple Bock! hellno3d.gifhahaha.gif) and a big fire. It's usually in mid-to-late October, and coincident scheduling with Canadian Thanksgiving (Oct 9) weekend is nice. Sometimes it rains but Oregonisms don't whine about that possibility as much as Washingtonists when it comes to picking a date moon.gif

you're breaking my heart fern. i just wanted to make sure you can come down. we don't give a rip about the rain as much as making sure someone else show up to help me drink the beer...which will also be Terminal Gravity at the Ropeup.

Any date you choose will be good for some and not good for others and may or may not have rain. There won't be a most or best. Just pick a date and go with it, whiner-can't-shows can suck it, me included :P .

Besides, I don't schedule my beer-drinking and girl-making-out-with this far in advance.

how many windshirt have you sold? that chart probably needs to be updated.

4 more today...all to hot chicks...what's your point? My model good looks brings 'em in!

but did you "scoop" them?

Christ Almighty! Is it really that time of the year already? thumbs_up.gif

I was planning on heading out west late august/early sept. Unfortunately,now I probably wont be able to head out in that direction until mid to late October. So tuff-fest it will likely be. Who knows, maybe I will actually drive out there with all my shit and stay this time! smile.gif

I sure will miss the l'worth rope up frown.gif

Have fun! fruit.gif

Word!!! fruit.gifbigdrink.gifrockband.gif

Any objections to Sept 30th?

(Oly, if you lick my girlfriend's shirt i'll kill you with one of NOLSe's ice tools) wave.gifyoda.gif

Christ Almighty! Is it really that time of the year already? thumbs_up.gif

I was planning on heading out west late august/early sept. Unfortunately,now I probably wont be able to head out in that direction until mid to late October. So tuff-fest it will likely be. Who knows, maybe I will actually drive out there with all my shit and stay this time! smile.gif

I sure will miss the l'worth rope up frown.gif

Have fun! fruit.gif

Good choice. While I have never made it up to the other thing, the smith shindig is approx. 1 billion times cooler. but maybe everyone from the other thing makes it down to smith too.

My only plea is for Tuff Love to be Oct 14 or later. I leave this shithole know as Fairbanks on Oct 7, and barring any nutty snowstorms in the yukon or upper BC, it's about 4-5 days of driving. After 5 days of that pleasantry I should be real surly and lookin to whoop some ass, swear to god I will, so make sure Donny Baker is there.

I'd like to put in my vote but I don't know if any of you guys care, cuz you're not going to get to lick my shirt even if i do come. Still interested?

I'd like to put in my vote but I don't know if any of you guys care, cuz you're not going to get to lick my shirt even if i do come. Still interested?

nope--not interested. keep your choice to your self. i was only interested in kissing fern. rolleyes.gif