documentary looking for climbers

karenmcd

We are doing a one hour special on the challenges of climbing mountains and our feature peak is K2. The story will focus on two emotional events that happened on K2, 1986 and 1995, as well as the science behind what happened to a person’s body as they climb a mountain like this.

We are planning to do a shoot in Denver with Dr. Peter Hackett and Peter Hillary. I need to find two climbers who aspire to climb K2 someday. They could be experienced and have climbed other challenging mountains but they have yet to climb K2. Preferably we would like a woman and a man. The two climbers will be put through some tests (altitude chamber, cognitive tests, endurance, etc) with Dr. Hackett. They will meet Peter Hillary and he will help them train for their future climb.

We are looking for people who are camera friendly and who truly have the desire to climb K2. This would be a two day shoot between August 8th and August 13th. I will let you know what the dates are once we have the other players in place. I appreciate any referrals you may have.

if interested please email me at karen.mcdermott@ajetv.com

Thank you,

Karen

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to find two climbers who aspire to climb K2 someday.

If you pay for the peak fees and transportation costs I'll aspire to climb K2, and I'll even let your "doctor" do tests and shit.

big ditto on that - i'll even wear a dress for the woman role if harry's locked up the guy role