Interested in bringing down civilization?

downfall

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Further discussion point for those who don’t want to listen to the audio clips:

“Do you believe that this culture is going to undergo a voluntary transformation to a sane and sustainable way of living?”

So are you going to vote Republican again in 2008, Dustin? smirk.gif

Very interesting talk by Derrick Jensen about why civilization needs to end. I'm putting this in spray because its not directly related to climbing but definitly related to enviro/access issues. If you're not familiar with his work then this is a good intro. Jensen has been extremely eye-opening for me.

http://www.indybay.org/news/2006/04/1814543.php

You live in Seattle and you want civilization to end? What are you gonna eat? rats? I have an acre of vegetables and I also have livestock; not to mention fruit trees and fishing in my backyard. I will do just fine without civilization. You, on the otherhand, will die; most definitely.

Very interesting talk by Derrick Jensen about why civilization needs to end. I'm putting this in spray because its not directly related to climbing but definitly related to enviro/access issues. If you're not familiar with his work then this is a good intro. Jensen has been extremely eye-opening for me.

You live in Seattle and you want civilization to end? What are you gonna eat? rats? I have an acre of vegetables and I also have livestock; not to mention fruit trees and fishing in my backyard. I will do just fine without civilization. You, on the otherhand, will die; most definitely.

My living situation contains these things as well. However, when I need new hooks/flies I go to the store. When I need more bullets (I don't have livestock, I hunt), I go to the store. When I need my tomato starts, I go to the store. I am not saying that we can't survive without these conveniences, but they sure are nice to have. And frankly, I don't know how to make those things myself w/o purchasing anything.

I predict that roving bands of cannibalistic tweakers would quickly rise to the "top predator" level in your neck of the woods. Run when you hear the faint echoes of the techno remix of the "Deliverance" anthem whispering through the trees....

I predict that roving bands of cannibalistic tweakers would quickly rise to the "top predator" level in your neck of the woods. Run when you hear the faint echoes of the techno remix of the "Deliverance" anthem whispering through the trees....

I think that the .223 might have something to say about that. I would just mount it to my bear stand and wait for em. I got enough rounds for every tweaker in WA. If you hippies get the munchies, you'd better find another garden to rob. wave.gif

The revolution will not be televised

You will not be able to stay home, brother.

You will not be able to plug in, turn on and cop out.

You will not be able to lose yourself on skag and skip,

Skip out for beer during commercials,

Because the revolution will not be televised.

Rat?!!! Bloody luxury, why when we were kids there was twelve of us living in a box by the side of the road..my dad would come home from the pub, beat us half to death and send us to bed with no supper..and that was on a good day.

We would have killed each other just for the broth from rat bone soup!! My dad got all the meat.

Rat?!!! Bloody luxury, why when we were kids there was twelve of us living in a box by the side of the road..my dad would come home from the pub, beat us half to death and send us to bed with no supper..and that was on a good day.

We would have killed each other just for the broth from rat bone soup!! My dad got all the meat.

Luxury! When I was a lad, my dad worked 27 hours a day at the mill, then he'd cut us in two with a bread knife and dance about on our graves.