ok, cc.com's biggest news in years!

Distel32

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Geez--I remember the first 3 years of parenthood being the least stressful. He was a pretty happy little infant and pretty cute toddler. There were definitely stressful moments but sheesh--no more than the number of stressful days I had anyway. After he learned to say "no" things got way more stressful smirk.gif

Yeah. I guess you're right. When they are very young and say nothing it is okay for a guy--we just ignore the crying. However, for my wife it was stressful becuase she thought, "Are they cold, do they need to eat, are they sitting wrong, do they need attention...."

Now they just tell me to shut up.

hmmm...i just always went with the "he seems happy" approach to intuitive parenting. he always had a way of letting me know if he wanted something, and it wasn't usually hard to figure out what. then he got mobile and got opinions of his own...now it's just a fun free for fall.

I play to my strengths (obliviousness, cluelessness, lack of consideration).

yellaf.gif

I like all of the above, as well as poor communication, lack of independence, whining, and the ever popular responsibility-dodge ("oh, could you get that diaper? I've got to, uh, fold my dirty laundry").

Thanks for all the well wishes.

We had all the paper work done and the money to go to Guangzhou for a finace visa when we found she was preggers. Now we are going to get "married" here (all you need is a certificate and some forms) and then apply to petition for her to come to the US this coming winter, and hopefully we'll be able to go during the summer. My best friend here is a lawyer who has a mongolian wife and kids in the states, so he is helping.

The baby is automatically an american citizen, which is great, we just need to go to the embassy after the birth to get the citizenship document.

The baby is automatically an american citizen

We have defacto reproductive imperialism?! What the fuckers? confused.gif

Helpful babytime preparation hints:

Buy 8 to 12 alarm clocks, and have a friend set them to go off at random intervals throughout the night. When an alarm goes off, leave it wailing, then pick up a ten-pound weight and cradle it for 15-60 minutes. During this time, go to the kithchen and heat up some water (continuing to hold the weight), then take a few minutes to pour it out (simulating a feeding). Now spill some sour yak milk down your shirt (simulating the inevitable outcome of every feeding). Go back to the bedroom and change your clothes twice (once to simulate having to change your baby's clothes--peeing on yourself during this process is optional, but may help you adjust to the realities of baby maintenance). Attempt to go back to sleep.

Repeat this process or some variant thereof (it's like Crossfit--mix it up!) each time an alarm goes off. Continue this for about a month, after which time you may do away with half of the alarms. Don't forget to have fun!

You probably think I'm exaggerating... hahaha.gif

I am so not looking forward to this stage!! arghhh...good thing one forgets this in time...

Another helpful hint...pack lots of various small things to simulate a "poop kit" to take with you where ever you go...I got so that i could change a diaper remarkably fast in all sorts of conditions...its not that bad...but what sucks is having to bring absolutely all sorts of shit and shit related stuff everywhere you go, and the one time you forget something is the one time that you will absolutely need it right then!

I am so not looking forward to this stage!! arghhh...good thing one forgets this in time...

Another helpful hint...pack lots of various small things to simulate a "poop kit" to take with you where ever you go...I got so that i could change a diaper remarkably fast in all sorts of conditions...its not that bad...but what sucks is having to bring absolutely all sorts of shit and shit related stuff everywhere you go, and the one time you forget something is the one time that you will absolutely need it right then!

yellaf.gif

Ah, yes, the poop. One learns to deal with the clean-up and disposal of this unfortunate substance under a variety of conditions. hellno3d.gif

having babies/kids is easy. I just tell the wife to give me an update every couple of weeks, keep me in the loop, you know, I like to be a hands-on in-the-know parent, and everything seems to be pretty effortless from my perspective. not sure what all that 'kit' business RUMR is talking about, but I do occasionally have to remind my wife to keep my favorite beer stocked.

yelrotflmao.gif...

yeah right...somehow, knowing you, i think you are/were more involved then you are letting on yelrotflmao.gif

brought each of them into this world with my own hands.

makes it pretty impossible to be detached or aloof.

but my internet persona runs free unencumbered into the wilderness chasing dreams and snaffles unconcerned about the worries and responsibilities of parenthood and those nasty little lifesucking children things.

not really true, but I do climb more than most of you.

Luke Hunny congradulations. I hope that you find joy in your partner and your family together. remeber always that you picked this in your own way. you will get frustrated we all do, but this is your family to love and hold together. parenthood and partnership are huge responsablities. it is never a matter of the right time or the right circumstance, it is about living up to your obligations and responsablitites. you now have two precious people counting on you in every thing you do. may you wake up every morning remebering to choose your life fruit.gif

haha, thanks for all the nice PMs and posts here.

Her dad is actually really psyched, he is also the director of the Mongolian Language and Culture School at the National University here, but is teaching in Japan now. He tends to take better care of the two of us than he does his other children, haha.

Yeah nay baby born to an American citizen (no matter where in the world) is an American citizen....divide and conquer.

Alarm training, yeah shit I better get on that. I've actually been thrown up on quite a few times by babies, so that will be no big surprise. Diapers.....I got to find out what those things are.....

The prenatal care here isn't that good. But we are having the baby at a private hospital that is basically inbetween a hospital in the states and the public hospitals here. At the last ultrasound the baby's heart was fine, the bones looked good and its head was down, so hopefully things will continue in that manner. Pre-natal vitamins here are $40 for 2 months! haha, but don't worry my dads brining a few bottles when he comes in April....

Shit I was a tough child, I know how much trouble I put my parents through, so if our child is like that, then I deserve it! But I'm psyched = )