Sooooooo.....What'd Ya Get, Boys and Girls?

EWolfe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

adidas_1-profile.jpg

Adidas_1 Intelligence Level 1.1

I'm not exactly a trainer expert, but I can still appreciate the greatness of a running shoe with a built-in computer! The new Adidas_1 Intelligence Level 1.1 is the second generation of their 'intelligent' trainer, which adjusts itself via a motorised cable system to provide optimum comfort and support. The new design has a faster microprocessor, better cushioning and more torque (whatever that is), which basically means it adjusts itself faster and smoother than the original Adidas_1. The shoe retails at $250

Wow.

Downward Bound by Warren Harding. First edition no less. Likewise, [almost] afraid to read it; I'll definitely decrease its value by handling the thing.

Contains the following quote: "When one considers the amount of time [Fred] Beckey spends driving to and from Seattle, talking on the telephone, and shitting, it seems more than likely that he has done virtually no climbing at all, despite the fact that he is reputed to be the oldest climber in the United States."

Downward Bound by Warren Harding. First edition no less. Likewise, [almost] afraid to read it; I'll definitely decrease its value by handling the thing.

Contains the following quote: "When one considers the amount of time [Fred] Beckey spends driving to and from Seattle, talking on the telephone, and shitting, it seems more than likely that he has done virtually no climbing at all, despite the fact that he is reputed to be the oldest climber in the United States."

And that was 25 years ago too! hahaha.gif

And that was 25 years ago too! hahaha.gif

30, actually. Published 1975. One of the interesting things is to look at the list of hot climbers of the day and see whose names you still know. The bio for one that I didn't know, Al McDonald, said he'd recently taken up whitewater kayaking, "so we don't expect him to be with us for very much longer." heh.

My wife and I agreed after last Christmas that we'd only get gifts for the kids (after all, it's all my money anyway). So she goes and gets me the Women of Climbing calendar anyway. I hate it when she does shit like that, because I took her at her word about not getting stuff for each other (I even confirmed it with her on the Thursday before Christmas). Now I look like the heel for not getting her anything.

But I'm not complaining about the calendar, either... smirk.gif