Wednesday movie thread

bunglehead

Nobody's posting. Slackers.

How about this:

I know there are a lot of you Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Matrix type losers out there in Sprayslvania, so on that note:

What movies have you watched the most?

Me:

PCU. At least a hundred times since 1994

The Kids are Alright. (the Who film) I broke it.

Independence Day. Maybe 8 times? The scence where Bill Pullman (as the president!) gives that rousing speech leaves me laughing so hard I have to leave the room or stop the movie. It seriously doubles me over in laughter. That's one of the worst films of all time

The Day After Tomorrow is slowly moving up the list for me.

Anybody? rockband.gif

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiting for Grizzly Man to show up at a theater near me. Wot's PCU?

A very, very, very bad college film. It's supposed to be

all about being PC. This kid goes to check out a college for the weekend (Port Chester U) and all hell breaks loose as these stoners throw raw meat on vegan protestors, a plot with an outlawed frat, angry black militants, womynists, gays, hippies, etc. etc. David Spade, Jeremy Piven, Jon Favreau, They're all in it. It's hilarious. Well, maybe you had to go to a unviersity where Political Correctness reached a fever pitch. If you did, you'll probably like this movie.

Edited by bunglehead

Six String Samurai - what's not to like about a post apocalyptic movie with a scuzzy Buddy Holly lookalike with a samurai sword sheathed in his guitar, fighting his way across the desert to try and succeed Elvis as the King Of Las Vegas?

Just saw Straight To Hell, Alex Cox's (Repo Man) 1987 shoddy masterpiece starring The Pogues, Joe Strummer, Courtney Love, Dennis Hopper, Elvis Costello, and several of the folks from Repo Man (Oly, The Mad Scientist, Kevin the fry cook, and Dick Rude) in a muddled story about bank robbers gone awry in a desert town overrun by incestous coffee addicts.

Tonight's treat will be "End of the Century: story of The Ramones."

I used to have the Straight to Hell soundtrack. It had a couple good songs on it - one by Joe Strummer called "Evil Darling" I liked a lot. The movie's terrible, though!

Movies I've seen several times and could watch again: The Holy Mountain, Leon/The Professional (right on, knotzen), Point Break, Night on Earth, Spinal Tap...

I used to have the Straight to Hell soundtrack. It had a couple good songs on it - one by Joe Strummer called "Evil Darling" I liked a lot. The movie's terrible, though!

Movies I've seen several times and could watch again: The Holy Mountain, Leon/The Professional (right on, knotzen), Point Break, Night on Earth, Spinal Tap...

Yo Ireno-

Burn one for me!

CD, that is.

I skip watching the movies anymore. All the good shizzle's in the trailers.

Through a Scanner Darkly

'A Scanner Darkly is set in suburban Orange County, California in a future where America has lost the war on drugs. When one reluctant undercover cop is ordered to start spying on his friends, he is launched on a paranoid journey into the absurd, where identities and loyalties are impossible to decode. It is a cautionary tale of drug use based on the novel by Philip K. Dick and his own experiences.

I just watched DownFall, the German-made movie about the last days of the Reich.

Really good, surprisingly accurate, as well. (If you believe The Rise and the Fall of the Third Reich)

There was a funny joke at the end when all the officers were getting drunk:

"Berlin is the land of wharehouses,

everyone looks around and says: "where's my house?"

yellaf.gif

hmmm never heard of it. I've been enthralled lately by a little movie called Whale Rider - makes me cry cry.gif and we've also been watching Mr. Madonna's films such as Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. hahaha.gif

Love those flicks. Marrying the Material Girl appeared to be a bad career move, however. He cast her as the lead in some God awful movie (Swept Away or something like that?) that nobody saw and he hasn't been heard from since. Watched "Layer Cake" recently. It was directed by the producer of "Snatch" and "Lock..." after Guy Ritchie passed on it. Sorta similar w/ the whole British gangster scene, but quite different stylistically. Nobody cusses better than those lads from across the Atlantic, you have to give that to them.

Knotzen, nice selection! I have seen the TCTTHWHL a ton of times, excellent film, Peter Grenaway(sp?) rockband.gif , the only one I really didn't like of his was the Draughtman's Contract, I never got into that period. Maybe I will have to try that one again. Das Boots and The Professional are also really good too. Other good picks from the rest of you all are Snatch, Lock Stocks and Two Smoking Barrells, Repoman, and The Big Lembowski hell yeah.

The ones I have seen the most are:

A Clockwork Orange

Rocky Horror

The Wall

I have seen each easily over 20 times. Still all time favorite film is Wings of Desire.

Yo, have any of peeps seen "If Looks Could Kill" with Richard Grieco? Absolutely classic awful eighties film that is quite possibly the most hilarious abomination of all time. I can't even find the DVD online, and I've damn near worn out the VHS copy I have.

"Michael Corbin, deep cover operative for the CIA..."

All-time most-watched:

Man Who Would Be King

Second-place category:

Zeffirelli's "Hamlet"

The Original Kings of Comedy - Steve Harvey, D.L. Hughley, Cedrid the Entertainer, and Bernie Mac

Amadeus

O Brother Where Art Thou

Boondock Saints

The Big Lebowski

That Thing You Do

Braveheart

Saving Private Ryan

TLOTR

Last night I watched "Secretary," with James Spader and Maggie Gyllenhaal. It was quirky and sexy--my kinda film. thumbs_up.gif

That's just because you like saddles the_finger.gif

Must agree though, good movie.

As for me....

All time?

Monty Python's Holy Grail !!

followed shortly thereafter by

The Shining

Full Metal Jacket

and Super Troopers rockband.gif