gas in oregon

kyladycaver

Question for the oregon folk:

Don't you pump your own gas? Some dude yelled at me in Terrebonne as I was pumping gas into my car yesterday.....he kept saying "lady you're in oregon, you're in oregon" (I'm thinkin "yeah, I'm blonde but not that dumb...I, uh, know I'm in Oregon." But evidently I am more blonde than I thought cuz when he saw that wasn't getting thru he switched to "you're in oregon...you can't pump your own gas here." What's up with that?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I used to fret about buying gas in Oregon too. It was scary because it was different shocked.gif.

Once I realized getting your gas pumped in Oregon does not cost an arm and a leg more (like "full-serve" back when it existed), I no longer feared it.

Now I'm just scared of buying stuff in Canada. blush.gifgrin.gif

Good god. The only thing dumber than the gas law is people who get bent out of shape over it. "mommy, please can I have my hands smell like gasoline and stand outside in the wind? Please?"

yelrotflmao.gif

so true. it's not any more expensive so why the heck not have someone pump your gas and clean your windshield????

someone at a gas station told me that the law was passed to protect jobs. confused.gif

Good god. The only thing dumber than the gas law is people who get bent out of shape over it. "mommy, please can I have my hands smell like gasoline and stand outside in the wind? Please?"

So basically what your saying is you're a wimp cause your afraid of not smelling like your favorite colongn...Calvin. cry.gif

Oregon: there is no decent alpine climbing, tons of hippys, and you can't pump your own gas. Face it your state sucks thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

I know you're cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif right now, but don't worry go get yourself a double orange moca frapichino with a twist of lemon; you'll feel much better.

Oregon: there is no decent alpine climbing, tons of hippys, and you can't pump your own gas. Face it your state sucks thumbs_down.gifthumbs_down.gif

I know you're cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif right now, but don't worry go get yourself a double orange moca frapichino with a twist of lemon; you'll feel much better.

It's not my state anymore. I now have more granite & bc skiing than you could do in a lifetime. And I live .5 blocks from a sunny beach. Have fun in the rainy jobless mess that is the Northwet wave.gif

I don't have sources; cause I'm too lazy to search. wink.gif

Basically glass is heated up sand. It takes the same energy to heat sand as it does to truck used bottles back to the glass factory and melt them down to turn them into new bottles. Furthermore since glass is sand it isn't going to leach anything nasty into the aquafer under the dump.

If they made bottles to be reused instead or melted down then ther would be an energy savings; but they don't.