Jobs indirectly related to climbing

Uncle_Tricky

I was trying to come up with a list of jobs that might give people the potential to quickly learn how to rock climb by providing relevant technical, physical or mental skills (Not jobs directly related to climbing such as "climbing guide.")

A couple possibilities: arborist, rigger, yoga instructor, high-rise steel worker, window washer, roofer, wildfire rapeller, ???

Any ideas? This is for a magazine article.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Software Developer...

After 40 hours of meaningless, counterproductive bullshit you'll be wallowing in so much self hate that winter alpine climbing will seem the sensible thing to do with what little time remains.

Ade, I tried this approach, but it doesnt seem to be working. Oh sure I have learned valubale skills like pilfering chocolate treats from my group admin, but I am only climbing 2 days a week. When I consulted the NOLSe scale of climberdom, I realized to my chagrin that I was not actually a climber!!?!??!

Please help!

Thanks, Alex

There is actually no hope for you. With only two days a week climbing, and five days a week of "birthday cake on floor 14" or "retirement party snacks on floor 9", you'll never be a NOLS "climber". However, you may be driven to extremes on your miniscule 2 day window, so Twight inspired rages may occur.......so just put on your headphones and crank up the Skinny Puppy. The North Ridge is going as you debug that code. hahaha.gif

My cannabis farmer post was legit. In certain places in this country (Humboldt County, CA for example) pot farming is a big part of the local economy and many people use it as their livelihood. Those who choose the crowns of redwood trees as the site of their operation use ropes and jumars for tending to their crops.

My post is more on topic than the software developer, used car salesman or climbing gym manager posts.