What Did You Do This Weekend?

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had hernia repair surgery. The cool thing is that they did all of it through my belly button, now my navel gazing has taken on a whole new aspect.

I've discovered a deep and meaningful fondness of oxycodone.

what was I talking about?

Oh, yeah, this is my self-pitying-wallow post. cry.gif

The surgery was on Thursday, and I didn't realize until Sunday that the docs had shaved my pubes. I've got a Brazilian!! The flesh above it is now soft and squishy and deep purple. Is that sexy, or is that just the oxycodone?

cry.gif

Actually, a neighbor clued me into a nearly effortless way of getting under sidwalks. You take some PVC, cap it with a cap that has a very small hole in it, then glue a component on the end that will screw on a garden hose. You have a self-made water pic that drills under sidewalks like butter. The PVC section I used was 8' long.

fri night: took sweety out for dinner. No loathing to be found.

sat: took sweety to airport at the ass-crack of dawn, went back to sleep, got up and cleaned house and ran errands, bought food for Chinese New Years party on Sunday, go for a run and wallowed in self loathing while pulling on plastic.

sat night: learned at last minute that Chinese New years party postponed due to illness, make calls for climbing or skiing partner, but there is going to be some sporting event on that people watch, drank a half bottle of wine while wallowing in self loathing

sun: did taxes, which lead to more wallowing in self loathing, pulled on plastic, made meatloaf for comfort food and drank remaining wine and watched '24-Hour Party People' (pretty good movie on 80's new wave scene in Manchester)

Yeah SpecialEd and Minx life is rough here. Yesterday I went mountain biking for about 2 hours and then slept all day long. Later that evening I went out for Indian food and we watched Meet the Parents. It has been fun, but that may change soon, I got a job. So I am going to be like the rest of you, working on the weekdays and playing on the weekend. It is only a contract so come July, I free to travel and climb. The job will involve travel to So. Africa, Tanzania, and Kenya, I'll make sure to bring my climbing gear when I go to those areas. thumbs_up.gif

Yeah SpecialEd and Minx life is rough here. Yesterday I went mountain biking for about 2 hours and then slept all day long. Later that evening I went out for Indian food and we watched Meet the Parents. It has been fun, but that may change soon, I got a job. So I am going to be like the rest of you, working on the weekdays and playing on the weekend. It is only a contract so come July, I free to travel and climb. The job will involve travel to So. Africa, Tanzania, and Kenya, I'll make sure to bring my climbing gear when I go to those areas. thumbs_up.gif

What kinda job did you get?

No Dru, not yet. I will be working as a consultant helping setting up a new lab here in Kigali. The lab will be used for a microbicide ointment clinical trial and they need a to have it GLP and GCP qualified. If things go well with this site they are considering a fulltime position doing audits at other locations, in South Africa, Kenya and Tanzania. We'll see though.

Oh here is a pic from the other day of climbing. This is Sive a new climbing buddy.

3794Rockstar_Sive_02-med.jpg

Looks like some nice vegetation filled gashes to thrutch up.

Shit man, sounds like everything is working out awesome. What an adventurous and unique situation you got thumbs_up.gif So, what do the locals think about you cruising by on your tricked-out bike?

Hey, if that's Sive who is climbing, you should give her phone number yellaf.gif

Bolts really would work there for one the local would just spend hours chipping away at it, even if they were glue-ins. They have already managed to pull most of the pins that were used for TR anchors. One thing I was thing of was those removeable bolt thingys. I don't want to invest too much time there, there are other places to go.

As the bike they trip out on it since the only thing they have around here is 3 speeds with steel rims, push lever brakes, that weigh more than my free-ride bike. The other day I was doing some small drops 2-3 foot and they definitely tripped on that.