Where did you climb at Rope Up this weekend?

scot'teryx

Since we were down at Ida Creek this weekend, I was not able to hook up with anyone, but curious as to where everyone climbed?

We hit the Pearly Gates on Saturday am/pm, and then Clamshell Cave after that (saw ToTheTop and Jon there)

Sunday we went to Fish Wall and then to Little Bridge Creek Rock. Good times, good weather.

Did jERRY sAncHEZ get kicked by the fire by anyone?

Was there a midnight climb?

[ 10-20-2002, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: scot'teryx ]

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes there were more Scot'teryx sightings than cougar sightings in the "Valley" of Washington.

No JERRY bag kicking contests this year, and the keg flowed too freely (thanks to TG and the couriers) for a midnight climb, even with a almost full moon out.

TTT [big Drink]

[ 10-21-2002, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: To The Top ]

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

went up to the pearly gates instead ... to help in the domination. that place deserves anothe visit or two for sure!
[big Grin]

PG's does rock for sure!

Milky Way was my favorite of all, that start is damn stout in my book! That rock is so clean and awesome! It appears there have been more routes established since the most recent topo that LMS and DS have been circulating.

Anyone know what that project is rated or called that has anchors just left of Milky Way of you are facing the wall? All the topo says is "project" and it appears to be done.

Can't wait to go back.......

Should have spent the whole day there...........

quote:

Originally posted by matt warfield:

Some wannabees named Yoder and Tim Wilson
[big Grin]
and at least one other person too. I always wondered why Croft and Skinner never got on it when they were prowling around 11worth. Oh and Herr.
[Wazzup]

Herr before or after leglessness? Probably after. i heard he had a dozen different sets of feet and he would choose a foot size to fit the crack..."the mechanical boy".

quote:

quote:

Herr before or after leglessness?

I meant I wondered why he didn't do it. I don't think he has. I think most of his hard ascents were faces and thin cracks where his prosthetics work best.

And his calves never pumped out cause he didnt have calves.

Jens and I TR'ed Supercrack on Sat. It was a bit dirty but really fun. The bottom is really cool with some surpisingly good jams. I would recommend getting your abs and biceps in shape for that. I fell out at the OW but Jens tried several different techniques. He finally worked all the moves with some impressive lie-backing through the OW. He even conjected that maybe you lead with your right foot or something to be able to get some stacks.

Dru, Matt, Peter, do any of you know how those guys did that thing? [Eek!]

[ 10-21-2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: texplorer ]

quote:

Supercrack has actually had several ascents since the first, apparently unbeknownst to Smoot at the time of his guidebook publishing. However, none at night, I'm sure.
[Wink]

12+ OW who were the coveted repeaters???? hardmen Im sure. not surprised Smoot fucked up.

Actually I limited myself to 31 oz of Guinness due to the extreme physical chores. But for the 32nd I am thinking of a more debauched challenge.

[big Drink] x32

[chubit] x32

lapdance x 32

Miker

"Soar, eat ether, see what has never been seen: depart, be lost, But climb." Edna St. Vincent Millay, poet

quote:

Originally posted by David Parker:

Why would I want to tell Scott-no-show where I climbed. If he wants to know, he should have showed up at the rope-up. Afterall, he WAS in the area! What's up with that....was it too smoky for him?

Yahoo, my first PAGE TOP! How appropriate!
[big Drink][big Drink][Moon]

Right on, David. Boycott this poseur's thread.