Sooo....... What did you do this weekend.......

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sat: Hiked up Bandera in time for the sun to come out at noon. The new Ira Spring trail is quite the hiking highway.

Sun: Bucket of balls at the driving range, an hour at UW rock, and a round of golf at the Greenlake Golf Course.

Good thing you were wearing that helmet! tongue.gif

He wasn't wearing the helmet at the time; that pic was taken on our way down. helmets wouldn't have helped for shit. Apparently nothing exciting ever happens when you live on an island; we heard about Billygoat's "near death" experience all fucking night. the_finger.gif It was spicy, for sure.

yellaf.gif

Yeah, well at least I didn't have my arms around Vegetablebelay screaming like a little girl... the_finger.gif

Cragging in Leavenworth in the nice sunny weather on Saturday and Sunday. Weatherman wrong again.

Wow, Cocaine Crack is a great pitch!!! I can't believe that thing is rated only 2 stars, a really stellar fingercrack.

it's always sunny in der leavenworth thumbs_up.gif

no its not...

my weekend consisted of 20pitches of granite in city of rocks....80's with a slight breeze to keep the sweat out of my eyes...red wine, beers, and lots of great people. hahaha.gifbigdrink.gifwave.gifbigdrink.gif

oh yeah, i had a 2004 toyota 4runner to rampage around idaho as well...nice rig! snugtop.gif

Cragging in Leavenworth in the nice sunny weather on Saturday and Sunday. Weatherman wrong again.

Wow, Cocaine Crack is a great pitch!!! I can't believe that thing is rated only 2 stars, a really stellar fingercrack.

Yeah it rocks bigdrink.gif

Gotta love 11worth! Hit snow creek wall, bouldered in the icicle, & finished off at castle yesterday. Weathermen wrong again. Where is the cheapest real estate in or near town? 11worth has it all.

Sat: worked.

Sun: Applied Jackhammer and sawzall to your typical Seattle cinderblock and concrete one car garage. Jackahammered the two long sides of the roof, exposing the rebar. Then cut the rebar. The last three "pinged!" as I cut through them because of the tension from holding up the cement slab roof. The roof collapsed immediately after severing the last rebar on one side. Then the far side wall also collapsed. Bunch of noise. Bunch of dust. Pretty freakin' stellar.

This demolition will make room for a driveway that will reach my new two car garage (in the back yard). The garage will be almost entirely devoted to bouldering and will have 12 foot ceilings. rockband.gif I anticipate three walls: 45 degree, 30 degree and 20 degree. This should help me deal with the way I spent Saturday (an ongoing problem of late). fruit.gif

I climbed in Squamish late Friday afternoon with my friend Raphael. We did few top roping climbs in Burgers and Fries and we practiced leading on one 5.7.

Saturday and Sunday I spent with my friend Marjan pushing hard to climb Northeast Arete of Mt. Wedge, Whistler area.

We retreated in heavy snow storm just above 7000 ft.

We had great time anyway. Hut was deserted because weekend forecast was not promising.

For a first time we ate all food we had and we slept more than on 5 previous overnight climbs.

Regards,

Zoran

I see ...

I am new Canadian. Originally I am from Europe. I have to admit that whenever I see hut, my heart start beating faster.

Here in the mountains, so many times I see 5-6 tents around empty hut!?

Back home that hut will have permanent custodian, beautiful kitchen with muffins, beer and hot soup. If you didn't finish your climb for any reason you will leave your gear there and come next weekend.

Everybody will know you by your name, were are you from and your climbing abilities.

So,

I learned my lesson here. I carry my bivy sack or tent most of the time, but periodically I go in just to see old fashioned way of mountaineering.

I better stop or I will start crying.

Z