Peeve thread

klenke

Okay, so I've been thinking about starting this thread for a while cuz I'm curious about other little things people notice that mildly irritate them.

This is a thread about peeves (pet or otherwise). Let's hear 'em.

Here are some of mine:

1. Why is it every apartment I live in puts the smoke detector real close above the stove or near the kitchen? I can't seem to make toast w/o setting it off. madgo_ron.gif

2. I get mildly annoyed when I am spreading mayo on a slice of bread and the mayo glob gets scraped into a divot in the slice. I pick it out of there and re-smear. Yes, I have a problem. cantfocus.gif

3. Sealed transparent plastic cases for electronic equipment, etc. Why on earth do they make it so difficult to get it open? Example: I got some Motorola walkee talkees for my birthday. I practically had to take a chainsaw to the package to get it open. crazy.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Peeve threads thumbs_down.gifwave.gif
Touche.

Yeah, I suck at cooking toast. I move the toaster underneath my stove's hood but even then the detector sometimes goes off.

4. I hate the way an old bar of soap breaks in two while I'm using it on the body in the shower. Invariably, one half gets dropped. I hate bending over to pick things up while in the shower. [No, don't even go there. I know what you're thinking.]

1.) Similar to your electronics packages, those stupid packages they use at costco. Why does a fucking phone card need to be packages in 8 square feet of plastic!? wazzup.gif

2.)Jackass seattle drivers. They can't merge, drive in the rain, get out of the left lane and numerous other things.

1. People that camp on the samples. Take a sample, say thank you to the sample lady, and get the fuck out of the way so the next person can get a sample. Don't just stop and camp in the way. (Often seen at Costco.)

2. Drivers who don't wait for someone who is parallel parking to back into their spot.

3. My dysfunctional next door neighbor's eight cats' toilet habits. (Read: in my yard.) madgo_ron.gif

People not looking where they are going.

People standing in doorways having conversations, thereby rendering said doorway unavailable for its intended use.

Really, these are two examples of the same thing: People not being aware of their surroundings, or the space they take up in the world.

Related to your second entry, Marylou:

5. People who carry on a conversation in the middle of a hallway and don't make an effort to clear a path when you approach. Hallways are for walking; they're not conference halls. madgo_ron.gif

6. People who throw lit cigarette butts out the window of their car while driving--especially at night.

Related to your second entry, Marylou:

5. People who carry on a conversation in the middle of a hallway and don't make an effort to clear a path when you approach. Hallways are for walking; they're not conference halls. madgo_ron.gif

6. People who throw lit cigarette butts out the window of their car while driving--especially at night.

Two good ones, the second I think is a $500 fine. Some people think we are occupying their world madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifthumbs_down.gif

1. Nonlinearity. While really interesting when dealing with physics, incredibly annoying when applying it to your personal life. For example: dealing with any sort of government bureaucracy.

2. Groups of women/girls who hog the entire effin sidewalk and none of them have the courtesy to let you pass without stepping into the effin street and getting nailed by traffic. Even my female friends agree to this one.

3. The 'expectant mother' spot at the supermarket parking lot (what? now pregnancy is a handicap?)

1. People in Blockbuster on the cell phone telling their significant other at home what movies are available. Get off your lazy ass and come see for yourself!

2. Same as #1, but in the grocery store.

3. People who are too narrow-minded to see they are no better than they people they are putting down.