smith multi pitch

minx

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whereever I may roam has become such a trade route it is best to avoid on the weekends, esp. since the standard rap line uses some of the anchors on the route itself. team climbs up to anchors, team raps down to same anchors, hilarity ensues.

sky ridge(hand traverse!) .8R

Sky Ridge is not quite as run out as it used to be. Someone rebolted the first pitch (Thanks!)

You do have to leave the first belay and scramble/climb some loose chossy stuff without pro (easy climbing), but now, when you get to that first bolt, it's solid. (The first couple bolts used to be really scary.)

The Second Pitch is stellar thumbs_up.gif

whereever I may roam has become such a trade route it is best to avoid on the weekends, esp. since the standard rap line uses some of the anchors on the route itself. team climbs up to anchors, team raps down to same anchors, hilarity ensues.

We did this route on saturday and were the only ones on the route, a second party was just starting up when we hit the ground. most people have not bought the little red supplement guide book so they do not know about it. Do it now before word really gets out.

Round river direct is a cool 2p. It's in the red book. On a hot crowded day, hike up and do that route in the late morning in the shade, then walk off around to the other side and find the ampitheatre with the awesome juggy overhanging sport routes (10s & 11). Or you can do the cave route which I haven't done, that threads a needle through a cool looking natural feature. That one gets sun all day though.

Beta about a runout bolted 5.8:

http://www.smithrock.com/bbs/messages/902.html

• 3 weeks later...

Zebra Zion

Peking

Moscow

Tale of two shitties

Super Slab

Spiderman

Sundown then continue up a .10a sport pitch to the right of minos morgul

Brogan Spire

Anything on testament slab and then continue up crazy zigzag pitches, for extra spice traverse to crack (pro in pockets) and climb up to the priest summit .9 to .10a ish.

My husband and I climbed this route a week ago on a Sunday. No wait. There was a group at the top of the route. The standard rappel actually avoids the climbing route. The guidebook recommends rapping off the other side (for the first rap). There was one couple behind us, but no one else on the route. Excellent route- I highly recommend it.