So who climbed what this weekend?

Bronco

My wife and I climbed out at the Peshastin Pinacles on Saturday. Great Rock! [Roll Eyes]

Scoped out Castle rock for next time. [smile]

Besides being the safty proctor at Index and climbing with a turd crowning, what did everyone else do that may not be trip report worthy or you only have time for a brief one. [smile]

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slogged up the Duke of Kent on Saturday (SE of McClellans). Too warm to tackle the Three Earls or the Dutchess. Nice couloir leading to the saddle, but I won't try it again until it consolidates. Great day to be out!

Good day at X38 on Sunday, knocked off a lot of routes amongst the gapers, cyclists, and picnicers. Ticked my first 10b lead this year.......

JK and I have been teaching my best friend Sara and our 6yr old to climb. So we spent Mothers day at the Collums. Got sun burnt. Laughed alot. Jade (6) did his best lower yet. Sara is getting better. And so am I . Some day, maybe I will be bad ass [Wink] Oh we climed the 4th collum. Not my favorite.... But better than some. Got to watch one guy free solo like 3 climbs. Another guy was working on his aid climbing. Always fun to watch. Yes I too am a GAPER [Razz]

[ 05-13-2002, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: sk ]

Getting out to Leavenworth early on friday I did Cocain connection and Cocain Crack on Icicle buttress. Ended up practicing aid climbing on the crack.

Saturday Climbed OuterSpace. Only 3 other rope teams. But we ended up waiting about 2.5 hours for the team ahead of us.

Sunday - Got up late and played around for my first time in a White Water Kayak.

Awesome weekend.

Chris

[ 05-13-2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: chris_w ]

Hey Bronco, I was at the Republic of Peshistan on Sat as well. Surprised to see so few people out there, last time I went the place was packed. Did my first 5.11a onsight (TR), those slabs are FUN!!! Then I soloed up a barstool at Gustav's.

[big Drink][big Drink]

Fromage

AFTER logging 18hrs in the car we met specialed up at index to drink beer on sunday, i mean climb......i got worked.....though after a long hiatus from beer i was able to handle it with style....

climbing is hard!!!

Climbed at Rattletale Wall and Lookout Point (Index) on Saturday.

Among other things, we climbed the corner to the left of Rattletale (Chasin' the Lizard) and the first pitch of Steel Pulse. Both of these pitches are cool but would be better with more traffic (i.e. a bit mossy). So do us all a favor and go climb 'em! I did my part. [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

We only saw one other party on that sunny Saturday. One guy was soloing p2 of Rattletale for some photos. There was a guy waiting for them at the base who'd been stabbed the night before [Eek!] ! Said it was his coworker. Didn't know if he'd be coming in today. Crazy!

Rattletale rules by the way. [big Drink]

[ 05-13-2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: chucK ]

quote:

Saturday Climbed OuterSpace. Only 3 other rope teams. But we ended up waiting about 2.5 hours for the team ahead of us.

I saw that guy hanging on the traverse pitch. They (and you too?) must have gotten a freaking early start.

We left seattle at 6:30 and had Orbit all to ourselves (well, some arachnids). Great route, great weather. Finished up the day by climbing Ski Track Cracks at Sam hill as the sun set. Sweet!

quote:

Originally posted by dbb:

quote:

I saw that guy hanging on the traverse pitch. They (and you too?) must have gotten a freaking early start.

We left seattle at 6:30 and had Orbit all to ourselves (well, some arachnids). Great route, great weather. Finished up the day by climbing Ski Track Cracks at Sam hill as the sun set. Sweet!

We left the trail head at 7am, starting climbing at 9am. The first rope team was just starting to do the crux pitch when we got to the 2 tree ledge. We took a nap in the sun and then started the pitch around 11am.

The first group started from the trailhead at 4:30 and then started on the route at 7am.

Colchuck Peak via Dragontail/Colchuck Col on Sunday. Got to walk across part of Colchuck Lake, frozen solid. Frickin' awesome 2000+' glisade from the col back down to the lakeshore, almost a straight shot, only had to walk a few steps. My [Moon] was a little cold but no worse for the wear.

Was paddling around the Seattle arboretum in the canoe yesterday, and finally checked out the pillar with the bolted-on holds. Watched some fools flail for a while, watched some guy who obviously had the thing wired send both routes (his buddy took a 30-foot "splasher" from the 2nd dyno on the hard route), then when the crowds finally cleared I climbed the easy route to the last move roof crux, and failed three times to get past it as the life preserver I was still wearing wouldn't let me make the reach. [Mad]

Anyone know the history of those routes? Just curious...

Michael

P.S. A woman with her kids in a canoe who was watching the guy cruise both routes took out her purse and gave him money after he downclimbed. WTF? [Confused]

quote:

Originally posted by goatboy:

Also, we scoped some routes on April Fool's Tower -- anyone of you ever climb that thing? The summit looks TINY and sharp....

summit is very tiny and super sharp...will cut your rope for sure, if your not careful...the view is sucky too...as for myself...sunday, bouldered in icicle due to extreme road fatigue (drove from bishop the day before) and cranked some of my favorite boulder problems at egg rock, fridge, and keep-out...at egg rock i had to clear away some cobwebs...those spiders are relentless...i wish theyd learn like the moss [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

[ 05-13-2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Szyjakowski ]

unfortunately, no climbing this last weekend, but my wife and i cruised over to seatown for some free kick-ass mariners tickets friday night. watched the boys whoop up on boston and drank a lot of beer and cruised around my old stompin' grounds downtown before heading home saturday to enjoy a 76 degree sunday in north idaho.

glad to hear so many folks had a killer weekend.

peace out.

Climbed Orbit as a party of three on Sunday, had the route to ourselves. Fun encounters with goats! Ahem...

It was warm but very windy all day on Sunday, made the route feel alpine and exciting.

Also, we scoped some routes on April Fool's Tower -- anyone of you ever climb that thing? The summit looks TINY and sharp....

[ 05-13-2002, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: goatboy ]