Nothing To Do with Pub Club or Fee Demo

Dru

Topics today are boring. So I ask all lurkers, gapers and other assorted hangers on on this site, if you could be any climber ever, who would you be? Would you be Lynn Hill and free the Nose? Warren Harding and bolt the Nose? Ray Jardine and chip the Nose? John Long and free Lynn Hill? Scott'teryx and brown nose?

I would like to have been Cesare Maestri just to find out what went on on Cerro Torre in 1959. [big Grin]

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'd like to be Rachel Babkirk, For the obvious reasons... [Wink][big Grin][Wink][big Grin]

a) she is good enough to be in Rock and Ice

b) she is beautiful

or Josune Bereziartu, It would not be bad to be the worlds strongest woman [big Grin]

[ 05-06-2002, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: sk ]

Henry Barber 'cause he was world travelin bad ass crag master. The only American to go to Britian and Dresden and climb as hard or harder than the locals using local ethics then drink them under the table Caveman style afterwards. He did mad hard alpine shit too, way before his time.

quote:

Originally posted by Noway:

Right on cc, Batso was an animal.

That is right. He would train at the bar. Then go up on the big wall with multiple jugs of wine instead of water. Proving he wasn't the fairy some of those others we're [Cool][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

Then he summited too.

Does any one know the name of the first Napalies(?)(sp) woman to summit Everst??? Read a storey about her but suck at remembering names... She was an amazing woman. I don't think I would want to be her(hard life an all) but her accomplishments were amzing, the strength and courage she showed the world.

xx

sk

quote:

Originally posted by TimL:

Ethical purist...elitist....bad ass mofo....

My vote is for Royal Robbins

My opinion of RR is that he is a confused, self righteous, piece of shit asshole.

That being said he WAS a better climber than me.

If I were to pick dead or alive climbers Harding would be toward the top of my list.

Joe Josepheson would be my choice if I had to pick a live climber, and Catherine Destiville would be a serious contender...then again; if I were her I would probably spend more time playing with myself than climbing.

quote:

Originally posted by Terminal Gravity:

quote:

Originally posted by TimL:

Ethical purist...elitist....bad ass mofo....

My vote is for Royal Robbins

My opinion of RR is that he is a confused, self righteous, piece of shit asshole.

That being said he WAS a better climber than me.

If I were to pick dead or alive climbers Harding would be toward the top of my list.

Joe Josepheson would be my choice if I had to pick a live climber, and Catherine Destiville would be a serious contender...then again; if I were her I would probably spend more time playing with myself than climbing.

Ya but if you were Catherine you would get the satisfaction of jumping then ditching like a used rag, Jeff Lowe, in his mustache phase! [laf]

Royal Robbins acted too Royal for my blood. I would like to be me inspired by individuals of the last generation. I liked Peter Croft, Greg Child, Gordy-Dave-Viktor-Jim Clan, Beckey, Kit Lewis, Jim Nelson, the guy who wears a Santa outfit at Steven's during Christmas(I forget his name). I just like the Cascade Duffs. My great Uncle was supposedly Charles Hessey, I don't know what that means but it sure sounds fun.

I'd like to be able to drop my knee like the old timer, leather boot wearing folks.

quote:

Originally posted by Colin:

Mugs Stump

Dude, then you'd be dead. None of my damn business, but I think Fred's a better role model for you: long career, babes, encyclopedic Cascade knowledge, babes, lots of first ascents, respect, babes,.....did I mention babes?

Adrian or Alan Burgess. They've been on some pretty amazing trips, plus they have some pretty friggin hilarious stories!!!!

Steve House (the great White Hope), Barry Blanchard, Jeff Lowe, or Alex Lowe. They are (were) great alpinists. It would be great to be able to climb at their level.

[ 05-06-2002, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: bellemontagne ]