Brush with Greatness

dkemp

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work with and right next to the legendary John Buchard every Mon-friday. Not many know that he resides in Bend, OR. We go bouldering but he hates sport climbing.Dude's over 50 and still pulls down HARD! And like Dru I've smoked pounds with Chongo down at Todd Gordon's ranch in J-tree

• 2 years later...

I was on the nose and tommy caldwell and beth rodden were right ahead of us - they were just going to dolt tower with a client. caldwell led off, and before beth started to climb, i found myself staring at her belay loop. "hmmm", i thought, "beth rodden's belay loop..." then i thought, "hey look, she has two mini traxions attached to her belay loop!" i asked what was up, and she told me about her tr solo rig. she was ascending solo on a fixed line with mini traxions while tommy dealt with their client errr friend. "Tommy showed it to me," she said, and then she was gone. thats how i learned how to get great mileage in on tr solo, by looking at beth rodden's belay loop.

I've slept on DirtyHarry's porch a few times. Climbed an ice FA with him too. thumbs_up.gif

I own a one-piece suit that Steve House climbed a bunch of bad ass shit in.

Colin Haley once told me a dirty joke. I don't remember it.

I had breakfast with Michael_Layton and he didn't offend my girlfriend.

I've been headbutted in the nutz by OlympiaClimber's child several times.

Alpine_Dave got really drunk one time, slept on my couch, and walked into my housemates bedrooms in the middle of the night looking for the pisser.

Fred Beckey has farted in my tent and hit on my sister and my girlfriend.

Lynn Hill talked to me once (because I was with Fred).

I stayed at Jim Sweeney's (prolific Alaskan first ascensionist and badass) house in AK (because I was with Fred).

I had lunch at Art Davidson's house and got to watch him and Jim Sweeney compare missing toes (because I was with Fred).

I went to the same college as Squid and RBW1966.

I was trask once.

• 3 weeks later...